Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 3:57:40 PM EDT
I have a chance to trade for a new Century Arms Inc (Georgia VT) lower. Is it as good as any other? Any experience with them? Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Last I heard Century Arms lowers were manufactured by CMT, and were every bit as good as the RRA and Stag lowers made by the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks, FALARAK. That's nice to know. It does look like a good quality lower.

Anybody bought or built one lately? Comments?

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think CMT makes century lowers anymore.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought  a couple Century marked CMT lowers a couple years ago.  They are just like any other good quality lower.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]

I have a chance to trade for a new Century Arms Inc (Georgia VT) lower. Is it as good as any other? Any experience with them?

I bought two of them off a buddy a year or two back. Built one up from a J&T Critterslayer kit. The sucker shoots into about half MOA, and does so consistently out to about 500 yards thus far. Haven't found a place to go any farther than that yet. The other is still unbuilt, am saving my pennies to build up a shorty in 6.8 SPC for coyotes.

Though I've certainly seen my share of less than nice Century rifles, the two lowers I have are nicely made, decently finished, and in spec. Well, for the most part at least. The rear shelf behind the selector is marginally higher than my other lowers. I'd assume they did that so that no one can perform one of the dreaded "conversions" without some serious machine work first. Other than casuing some difficulties with an Accuwedge insertion, it isn't a problem.

HTH.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Don't know when this one was made--at least a year ago since he's had it that long--but it looks as good as any I've seen. I'm gonna go for it. Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought 15 Century Arms lowers in 2003  for $70 each and the serial # starts with CM= CMT and they are a very good lower.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC DPMS made some receivers for Century.  I could be wrong of course.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top