Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 8:44:18 AM EDT
Just recieved my lower from Pete. I've got to say that RRA has done themselves proud.  The casting is excellent,the trigger is perfect,and the feel is comfortable. The first M16 I picked up was in 1968 in Danang. Jesus,I felt like I was handed a toy rifle for pete's sakes. I remember asking "what the hell is this?"All I'd handled in bootcamp,and ITR was the M14. As luck would have it, I found out I could carry a shotgun and pistol as a radio operator. Needless to say I op'd for the 12ga.,never to shoot the M16. Well,times they are a changin'. I bought a Colt Competition Match 2 years ago,and found I had another POS on my hands again. Trigger like 80 grit sand paper,and sights that I could no longer see with my tired eyes. I put it in the safe after only a few hundred rounds,and that is where it sits now. I found this site and started reading about putting your own rifle together,and the rest is on the way. The parts have seemed to change for the better over the years it seems,lighter,tighter,and more user friendly. So I'm starting to put my own version together. Just wanted ya'll to know there is another brother out here that has the blood flowing again. Hope to share my gun with you when it is finished. And, thanks for the words on this site,it gave me the courage to try again. Lonestarwj
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, glad you're back on yer horse! Just out of curiosity, what do you not like about your Colt?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Blisters,I guess my big disappointment with the Colt was the trigger. I've never been so turned off of a rifle so fast as with this one. I had a Norinco SKS that was not as bad as this thing is. The hand grip is awful feeling also. Wrong angle I guess. I was expecting a more ergonomic feeling rifle for a pistol grip. I know these can be corrected,but for the price of one of these things,you'd think Colt would have at least made the trigger,and pull smoother.Lonestarwj
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
2531?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
If I bought a CM2 from Colt and it is as bad as you say yours is, I'd damn sure have a few conversations with Colt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes,2531. B Co.,1st Recon,Danang 1968-1969.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Old Tiger,you know the song and dance you get when you call Colt. "I'm sorry you're having trouble,must be one of those things". I've talked with them 3-4 times and finally gave up.There are not any large manufactors that give a damn anymore. Everyones in it for the money now. I'll hang on to it and eventually have a trigger job done on it. I wish it had been different. Colt was an excellent maker once.but those days are gone now. Lonestarwj
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top