Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:16:04 PM EDT
Please, look at this post and let me know if I'm right or wrong . . .

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437946
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have purchased and traded a few firearms on the board and my FFL accepts shipments from a legal, private owner. We just get a copy of their Drivers Lics.

And now each end can fax a copy of their FFL vs having to mail them, which cuts the time down for transfers also.

Like many stated in the other thread, it is probably the FFLs choice to only allow shipments from another FFL, and yes the buyer should pay $20 or get off the pot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got a lower from a board member and he USPS priority insured directly to my FFL--So Individual to FFL is fine.

Only thing I can think of is that it is a State Law where he is located, but I can't confirm this.

Just tell him "I have your firearm ready to ship as soon as you want."  Tell him to find a different FFL that can accept a firearm from an individual shipper.

Not sure it is worth the hassle of $20 though.....your in a pissing contest not a legal contest.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Two things to consider here. First, it is totally legal for the owner of the weapon to ship it. Second, it is within the FFL's discretion whether to accecpt the shipment from a non FFL. Bottom line....some FFL will not accept shipments from non FFL and some will. That's just the way it is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top