Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 3:01:34 PM EDT
Ok I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times but I'm about to leave for work and couldn't find it.

Looking for a ACOG TA31A or TA31F for a Colt LE6920 for a friend's rifle.  Is it possible to mount the ACOG on the carry handle that still allows the iron sights to be used? Or for a better setup, removing the carry handle and putting on BUIS?

Either way he wants the optics but doesn't want to give up iron sights.  I use an EOTech so I have no exerience with the ACOGs.  Is it the mount or the optic itself that allows the BUIS to work?

Anyone with pics of the ACOGs mentioned with BUIS would be greatly appreciated!!!

Now for the price.  The best price he found was $907 for the optic alone and $1068 for the optic with a ARMS mount.  

I told him the great dealers of AR15.com could beat that price no problem!  Come on guys help a brother out here!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
dude, your a team member so your search is less limited and you still couldnt find the answer?

they could be mounted in the carryhandle and the irons still be usable.

there is a channel through the base of the acog which allows the use of irons

or he could mount the acog in a mount on the flattop and use a folding buis.

look up mike@csgunworks or grant@gandrtactical they will help you out with your needs and have the acogs in stock along with mounts and buis'

The best price he found was $907 for the optic alone and $1068 for the optic with a ARMS mount.

i would not buy the one with the arms mount, for $160 more you could get the larue mount and have leftover money.

heres my ta31 in larue mount with troy dual apt buis

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
As has been stated all but the special ring compact ACOGs are mountable in either the carry handle or on the flat top.  Use a Larue mount.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use a Larue mount.

What he said.  Repeatability of zero is the key.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.policeguns.com/shop/default.cfm?CFID=2214440&CFTOKEN=90298602&Action=proddetail&ItemID=1749&TopCatID=3&SubCatID=209
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top