Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/21/2005 11:39:48 AM EDT
Are the effects of the full size over the mini noticable? I previously had a mini y-comp during the ban, so I know the effects of it. I'm thinking of putting a full size one on a 20incher if it gives even more compensation.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:58 PM EDT
I had a mini-y on a 20" gun and it worked well. One thing to remember, THEY ARE LOUD! DO YOU HEAR ME.. NOSE BLEED LOUD. IF YOU USE ONE,BIRDS WILL FALL DEAD OUT OF THE AIR WHEN YOU SHOOT IT!!
Other than that they work fine.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:37:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MSTN:
THERE ARE BETTER CHOICES. OK, A BETTER CHOICE.

WES

And I am guessing that its a QC brake?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:04:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 3-gun:
I had a mini-y on a 20" gun and it worked well. One thing to remember, THEY ARE LOUD! DO YOU HEAR ME.. NOSE BLEED LOUD. IF YOU USE ONE,BIRDS WILL FALL DEAD OUT OF THE AIR WHEN YOU SHOOT IT!!
Other than that they work fine.

That I know for sure... I showed up at the range one day, and there were a few guys out there shooting black powder muzzle loaders with no hearing protection. My shooting buddies and I got set up and waited on the muzzle loader guys to put on some hearing protection. I asked them if they had any, and they said "We don't need any"... Fair enough, I shot about 10 quick rounds, looked over at the guys and they were just about curled up under the shooting table covering their ears. Needless to say, they put on hearing protection right afterwards.

Gotta love the mini y's....Now if the full size makes it even louder, I can be even more obnoxious
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:40:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:59:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MSTN:
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/1_QCBrake.jpg

USED BY USPCA 3-GUN LIMITED CLASS NATIONAL CHAMPION TARAN BUTLER FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

I have both a 5.56MM and a .30Cal QCB (AR10), they do work very well. I've been debating replacing the OPINC Mil brakes on both a 5.56MM and 6.8 SPC RECCE twins with these because the availability of the OPSINC suppressor (to non-Mil or LE) is now basically NIL. But, I keep hoping CA can be liberated one of these days. I am planning a 2nd 6.8SPC MSTN RECCE this year and it will have a MSTN QCB brake.
Top Top