Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:42:50 PM EDT
i guess this is a good place for one.  anyway, i wanna know if i can use hoppes or something else as a bore cleaner with break free lube.  i ran out of the break free bore cleaner and no else sells it locally and i don't wanna place an order for just a bottle of bore cleaner as i really don't need/wife shut me off of ordering too much stuff.  basically i'm afraid there might be one of those "don't cross your cleaning solutions as they may counteract and cause pitting" problems.  any ideas would be greatly welcomed.  also, i'm just wondering out loud here-what length of rod can i use for a 24" AR?  thanks.

jake
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoppes will work fine. just dry patch before adding CLP.

Or you can just clean with CLP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hoppes will work fine. just dry patch before adding CLP.

Or you can just clean with CLP.

does the regular CLP do as good as their bore cleaner and their bore cleaner is just a marketing ploy or is there an added benefit to their bore cleaner?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Hoppes cleans better than CLP.

CLP is just an all in one type cleaner, More oil than cleaner.  It will not remove copper fouling, but carbon it will, same as tranny fuild, MMO, fp-10, or anyother oil for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
CLP is all you really need for chrome lined surfaces. For the unchromed surfaces, you may want to use something stronger or alternatively, use Slip 2000 Carbon cutter.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top