Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 2:43:57 PM EDT
I'm in the process of getting my light weight barrel and grenade ring/repro moderator packed up and ready to go to ADCO for the appropriate machine work.  Before I send it off, I have a question about my fsb.  On the right side, the following characters appear.  First is an F, then RI in a circle, then a 4.  I bought the barrel/fsb assembly attached to an A1 upper, which I know doesn't men a a thing, I just want to be sure this is the "correct" fsb as I was going to have ADCO also remove the flashing and reparkerize it.  Am I gtg here, or do I need another fsb?  Thanks to all, once again.  I checked the usual sources, but still ng.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Those markings are forge codes. The F doesn't signify that the FSB is F-height. F-marked FSB's will have the F on the left side.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
For an XM177E2 the FSB should be smoothed of flash & have no markings or codes on it up till the early 70's per Ekie's carbine guide at the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I will ask ADCO to remove all ID and flash from the fsb.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget the bayonet lug, I did, and then found out later that XM-177's didnt have them.
Just a reminder to not do what I did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't forget the bayonet lug, I did, and then found out later that XM-177's didnt have them.
Just a reminder to not do what I did.

Check, thanks.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top