Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 3:48:15 PM EDT
These rings on this mount for this scope? Do you think that it will have enough eye relief? I don't usually shoot NTCH. I already have the mount and just wanting to put it to good use.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
These rings on this mount for this scope? Do you think that it will have enough eye relief? I don't usually shoot NTCH. I already have the mount and just wanting to put it to good use.

Yes but why buy a separate Larue and then use some other rings on it.....just buy this Larue LT-104.  Its only an extra $20 for complete Larue.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes but why buy a separate Larue and then use some other rings on it.....just buy this Larue LT-104.  Its only an extra $20 for complete Larue.

Quoted:

Thanks for the reply -  I do have a LT-104 on another scope and wanted to put my other Larue mount to use.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It probably won't work as I tried the following to no avail.:

Fortunately, I took pics before dissassembly.

Medium Leupold rings on a GG&G rail.  

The raised portion of the zoom ring does not clear the top of the rail when turned to the 6 o'clock position, so if your rail sets that far back, it won't clear.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It probably won't work as I tried the following to no avail.:

Fortunately, I took pics before dissassembly.

Medium Leupold rings on a GG&G rail.  

The raised portion of the zoom ring does not clear the top of the rail when turned to the 6 o'clock position, so if your rail sets that far back, it won't clear.

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=14894&prev=1

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=14893&prev=1

The zoom ring on my DMS-1 ranges from 9 o'clock position turning clockwise to the 4:30ish position; it doesn't go to 6 so I don't think that will be an issue
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The zoom ring on my DMS-1 ranges from 9 o'clock position turning clockwise to the 4:30ish position; it doesn't go to 6 so I don't think that will be an issue

You may want to reverify that, as I have my one year old DMS-1 sitting in front of me as I type this.

My DMS-1 zoom control turns counterclockwise as viewed from the firing position when transitioning from 1x (as depicted in the picture), to 4x.

The raised part of the zoom control must clear the top of the GG&G rail, which it doesn't.  

My rings are the same height as the ones you reference, the only difference is the QR levers, so if your LaRue rail is placed as far back as this GG&G, it won't work.

OTOH. you may be able to mount the optic far enough to the rear where the ring does not interfere with the mount, where it clears the rear of the rail, but that may not be a usable setup, as the optic might be too far to the rear.  I would have to see the mount on the rifle to know for sure.

Jim

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a brand new (bought yesterday) DMS-1 in front of me and at 1x the zoom ring is at the 4:30ish position turning counter-clockwise to 4x the high point on the zoom ring is now at 9.  This is the only DMS-1 that I've ever seen so is it possible that they've made a change in the travel of the zoom ring?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess they did, if so, your setup should work.

Jim
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top