Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:26:14 PM EDT
Has anyone had trouble shooting any Wolf ammo in their Colt AR's?  I have a stock Gov't model and have just bought some 55gr FMJ Wolf ammo to shoot.  My Sig 556 has no problem but I want to shoot it out of my favorite gun.  Any pros or cons?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Your good to go, if your gun wont run wolf its not a good one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Wolf in all my AR rifles.  I can't think of any cons to using it.  It doesn't cycle well in my Kel-Tec PLR-16 so I only use brass in it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It isn't as accurate as other choices, but functions reliably in my guns, including my 6920's, and my 6520 that I have had since before the last ban.  I have only used the Military Classic wolf though.

When ever I shoot lacquer coated steal cases, I ensure that I throughly clean the chambers afterwards.  Might be overkill, but I have never had any issues.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I bought a case of Wolf Military Classic at the Gun show this week.  Looks good.  I just need it for plinking.  It was really crazy here in Reno.  I got there just as the doors opened and all the 55gr Classic was gone in an hour and a half.  I got the last case.  Thank you for the feed back.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have run into some out of spec Wolf casings, but barring that I never had an AR that wouldn't feed it, fire it, and extract it just fine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your good to go, if your gun wont run wolf its not a good one.

There are a lot of guns out there that were built for the nearly 60,000 PSI NATO ammo and not the Wolf crap that runs about 10,000 less.

So they short stroke.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top