Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 5:39:46 AM EDT
I saw some Wolf 12 Gauge 00 power buckshot at a gun show last month.  Price was $1.50 for 5 rounds and it's made in Germany.  Anyone tried this stuff?  How would compare it to some namebrands like Rem, Fed, Win etc...  I was attracted to the price and plan to get a lot for SHTF if it's good stuff.

Thanks for the input.
556man
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
SG has it for $1.47 ($1.40 for members) all day long.  Can get it down to $1.14 in quantity.

I tried some Wolf awhile back just to see.  Nothing special about it, it's only buckshot.  I prefer #4 to 00 and for my 12ga SHTF, I've chosen Remington Express.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
its some pretty powefull stuff, might want to put a pad on your shoulder while shooting it, I always get the low recoil 00 shot
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh did I mention 3" shells?  2 3/4" is weak.  But depending on what you are using it for, I guess it's pretty good just to store away for long term use.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  Just got home from the gun show today here in Las Vegas.  I was pretty dissapointed because Wholesale Ammo was out of the Wolf 00 Power Buckshots plus the price went up to $1.80 for a box of 5 rounds.  Was planning to buy about 50 boxes.  End up getting some Wolf 1 oz slugs for $1.80 a box.  Got 10 boxes of those.  I was dissapointed  at the prices at the gun show too.  Everything was expensive and overpriced compared to the gun shows before.  Seen a lot of postban AR's in the $1,000 range whice made my eyes rolled.  Oh well,  back to shopping on the internet.

556man
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw some Wolf 12Ga last week and it was made in Spain. Last batch I bought was made in Germany.

Mick
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top