Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 3:25:25 PM EDT
OK.Here is how i got the ammo cheap.My friend got a call from Sportsmans Center saying that there is a $10 off coupon waiting for you at the courtesy desk.Just go in and pick it up.He said that they dont ask for ID or anything.So i went in and said that "Debbie<the name giving on the recorded message>said i have a coupon at the courtesy counter".And they gave it to me.It gives you $10 off on any purchase of $20 or more.They sell Winchester .223 USA 55 grain ammo.I know its not the best ammo but you can buy 5 boxes for $10 with coupon.That is the same price as Wolf and at least this is brass cased.
 The catch is that you can only have one coupon per household.Your have to write your phone number on the coupon.So you can either have all your neighbors go and buy 5 boxes each for you OR!!!!   just use different phone numbers each time you go.You might have to have your wife get the coopon if the same lady remembers you from 5 minutes earlier when you got the coupon.Also you can just go to different stores if there are a few close by.
   Its a nice way to accumulate 1000 rounds of plinking ammo for $100 !!!!!!.
    Let me know how you all made out
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you post this in the NJ forum?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you mean Sports Authority.  This is about the 5th time this summer they have had the 10 off a 20 dollar purchase sale.  Just go in and say someone called me and they take 10 off.  I just picked up two 100 round Winchester 9mm boxes for around 7 dollars each.  Not too shabby.

Btw, this sale has always been Nation wide.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I just did this an hour ago.

Went to Sports Aquthority and picked up 5 boxes of [size=3][red]Q3131a[/red][/size=3].

They were priced 4.99 a box, so it ended up being $16.08 including taxes.  Not bad, 16.1 cents a round!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes,
 IM sorry,i meant Sports Authority.I wish my local store had the Q3131.Im going to check the store by my work and see what kind of ammo they have there
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Its on again for this weekend.  Thursday through Sunday.  

Vector_Joe,  It isn't supposed to be working on a Wednesday.  hehe.  

Off for ammo tomorrow before Isabel hits.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know if this applies in Georgia as well?  How do you get the $10 off $20 coupon, just ask for it?

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ghost,
 Just go to the courtesy counter and ask for the coupon.Tell them that you got a phone call about the coupon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.  As soon as I get my car out of the shop, I am going to hit the Sports Authority.  Sure, I will be broke paying for the car repairs, but cheap deals don't come often and that's what credit cards are for.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Well i just got back from a local gun show and bought a bunch of 223 ammo.But i still had a few bucks left.So i dragged my wife to Sports Authority and had here get another $10 off coupon since the same lady was  at the courtesy desk  from the other day when i got a coupon.
  Not only did i get the discount but it just went on sale.It was regularly $3.99 a box but was on sale for about $3.25 a box.So i bought 7 boxes so that i was over the $20 minimum for the coupon.
   The total was $13.40 with tax and coupon which is about 9 cents a round.I will never have to buy wolf ammo again!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Car is still in the shop, but snagged a ride and got me some.  Dang their Q3131a is steep: $4.99 for 20, but after the discount, its still $0.125/round.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the heads up.  NO Q3131A at my local shop, but I picked up a couple of 100 rd 9mm value packs for $14 and change:)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top