Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/4/2003 7:05:16 PM EDT
I'm sure the latest crop of 'tactical' rifles from Les Baer and Wilson are nice but at their prices of ~$2000+ a piece who in their right mind would buy one?

I guess the same people who pay ~$2000+ for a customized 1911 .45 caliber pistol versus a $500-$600 Glock, HK, or Sig.

I don't know you all tell me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:19:22 AM EDT
You get what you pay for. If a $1200 AR-15 will suit your purposes, or a $400 Glock is as much handgun as you want, then that is your best bet. A 1911 that costs $2000 has a huge amount of personal attention from the maker, be it a gunsmith or factory. You get a huge amount of freedom to tailor it to your needs that you don't get with a Glock, Sig, or HK. The same goes with an AR-15. A 16' carbine shooting 1/2 MOA is worth another $800 bucks to the folks who actually need these weapons. The weapon that suits your needs, not just the most expensive one, is the best choice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:35:53 AM EDT
A guy came into my shop the other day with a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry 1911 he bought from a friend, he wanted to get some highspeed accessories for it. I told it had already been done by Kimber, nothing more than night sights or a good holster was all he needed,lol. Putting a big name like Wilson or Les Baer on a rifle commands a big price, but I know that both makers are the best, esp Les Baer when it comes to 1911's. But I don't make the kind of money to own one of their weapons. Fritze Out
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:40:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:19:12 PM EDT
Troy---I could not have said it better if I had tried!!!! Right on target.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:38:33 PM EDT
welp here is my personal take , i own a LB concept VIII, it shoots very well, it has extremely tight talerances, it is a biotch to put together after shooting it, it jus doesnt go right together, the slide takes a baby elephant to pull it back. BUt it is extremely accurate (not in my hands but competition single stack shooters, lol) it is a nice firearm, BUT (again with the buts, lol) it is very picky with the ammo it uses, i cannot shoot aluminum cases or steel cased ammo (not a big fan of anyway, but had sum laying around). the only reason i bought it was a gun shop was goin outa business and it was a deal i couldnt refuse. would i buy another one, doubtful, ill pick up a kimber first, as far as ARs i dont know bout the LB or WC, but i think a good Bushy Varmint would suffice, IMO. i like my LB, i wont sell it, but i wouldnt buy another.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:34:35 PM EDT
If you have the cash, buy the toys that you like...Be it cars, watches, artwork or firearms. How many folks need $350 red-dots, mounted in $125 bases, with $300 worth of flip-up sights, and $450 RAS/RIS handguards??? Capitalism at its finest, I say. God Bless America!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:45:50 PM EDT
All of Wilson ARs are way over priced. You get a paint finish or shake-in-bake. His barrels are not chrome lined. He does garentee accurcy and fit on the upper and lower is good but not $2000.00 good. A Colt or Bushmaster is better than any of Wilson's ARs and you if have to spend top dollar, buy a Kinghts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:56:05 PM EDT
The Wilson and Les Baer rifles are a waste of money. I have shot these rifles and they do not shoot any better than my Colt or Bushmasters. Sometimes not as good. I guess if a name means that much to you, pay $2000.00 for one and be happy.
Top Top