Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:57:24 AM EDT
OK, I'm torn between the Wilson and Arms 40 SP.  I like the elevation adjustment on the Wilson but not the price.  Got any opinions?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one with the knurled windage knob. It is a nice sight and it is built like a tank, I mean they are literlly heavy. Quality wise you could not go wrong so your only question is do you need/want a buis with elevation adjustments. If that is a must than you have few options for a folding buis. For one weapon I did want one and have no regrets.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the ARMS.  I have read a lot of bad reviews on the Wilson.  I was all set to buy a #40, then found a good deal on a Troy.  Like the above mentioned, there really isn't a need for elevation on a BUIS.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Better yet, have you looked at the LMT Buis? It is a hell of a lot cheaper than a Wilson, has the elevation you like, and less parts to potentially break. That is the one scary thing to me irt the Wilson. All the screws and parts are not captured and can fall off. The one I have I took apart as much as possible and put blue locktite on everything before I would even consider mounting it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OK, I'm torn between the Wilson and Arms 40 SP.  I like the elevation adjustment on the Wilson but not the price.  Got any opinions?

Did you consider the KAC 600m BUIS? I think it is the best BUIS with elevaton adjustment.
Walli
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

KAC 600M

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
My reasoning behind the elevation adjustment is so that my front sight post won't be up so high.  Bushmaster reccomends their taller fsp for the ARMS buis, but I'm kinda leaning towards it anyways.  Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC 600M..hmm......
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My reasoning behind the elevation adjustment is so that my front sight post won't be up so high.  

Do you know if you front sight post will be up high?  Of all the Bushy flattops I've had NONE of them have needed a taller front sight post.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never used a BUIS on anything other than my issue M-4 and am going strictly off of talk from other users.  I'm happy to hear your's hasn't given you any issues, thats another good mark for the ARMS 40L SP
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top