Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 10:25:52 PM EDT
Stupid question.  I am a newbie building my first AR.  Am now looking at an upper i like.  I like the Upper that adco can build.  A Mid-Length chrome lined flat top.  Im fairly sure that his barrel is only available with the fixed front sight.   If i mount a scope like a 2-7x33mm  with quick release warne rings will i be able to see anything with that front sight in the way?  or will i just have a bit of a blur?   Or do i need to go with the non chrome lined version that is available with a weaver gas block?    Just thought id ask before i start buying.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the height of your rings, you may see a dark blur from 2x to 4x magnification.
I would keep the chrome-lined barrel and have a flip-up front sight installed, if the front sight is an issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything below 4x you will notice the blur of the front sight tower.  I would suggest LaRue Tactical scope rings and not the Warne.  I would also suggest JTAC Supply to look at building you an upper.  JTAC does excellent work and has great prices.  His website may not be as fancy as ADCO's but with the service he has provided me in the past, he comes HIGHLY suggested by me.  But hey what do I know?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
many thanks for the info.   I guess the question is if anybody has a Mid-length chrome lined barrel that can be had with a flip up front sight.   Thanks for the heads up on JTAC  im just learnig who makes what and what things are.    I think someone should teach a class on AR's for college credit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
College Credit  I could see that on my resume under education...... Masters in AR-15 Studies
Yeah JTAC is awesome.  If you IM or e-mail him tell him I sent you.  I know for sure he can get you a middie with a flip front.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want the CL midlength with a flip-up, Steve/ADCO can make that happen. He put this together for me with one of those barrels.  It's sitting at home in my gun room until I get back.  

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Cixelsyd and Maverick.   That upper is perfect.     Time to put my money where my mouth is.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top