Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 6:26:13 PM EST
finish their products in gray instead of black?

Bradd
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:29:50 PM EST
Probably the same reason they believe nobody has [b]EVER[/b] lost one of their mounts thumbscrew nuts....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:03:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2003 4:04:31 AM EST by LastDefender]
Bradd, Your post caused me to go down to the safe and inspect my ARMS #40. How irritating. It is gray and not black....Hmmmmmmmmm.....time to find that can of flat black spray paint! [green][b]Goooooooooooooooooooo Eagles!!!!!![/b][/green] . . [img]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/images/banner2/focused.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:37:04 AM EST
Call me old fashioned, but gray looks much better. Is just like the blondes, red heads or Ford vs. Chevy type thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:16:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ariel: Call me old fashioned, but gray looks much better. Is just like the blondes, red heads or Ford vs. Chevy type thing.
View Quote
I think gray looks good as well, but it doesn't match the AR's it's going on. Bradd
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:04:24 PM EST
Just because the thing isnt black doesnt mean it doesnt match. The color may not match, but the combo matches wonderful IMHO! [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p1c7392f1a05bee211263c385c8e81ebe/fdc101fd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:53:44 PM EST
If you look around you will notice that a lote of products are done on grey, espec. a lot that are used by spec ops. Why, grey is much more dificult to see than black and gives an enemy a harder time to spot the weapon. Black sticks out like a soure thumb. A lot of war time Colt M16A1 weapons were made and thjey are more grey than black for very good reason, and that is what the mil-spec actualy calls for. Matching color is not good for camo effect, and black black is a commercial thing not military. The companies that go to the extra trouble to give the grey finish are doing our guys a favor. Ever notice the Trijicon military optic"s? Good Shootin, Jack
Top Top