Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 7:23:43 PM EDT
Any suggestions for the cheapest sorce for scopes?  Looking for Leupold, Nikon and others and want the best deal I can get.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
[url=www.riflescopes.com]SWFA.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I would also recommend Midway USA.   I've found that they usually have the best prices and shipping isn't too prohibitive.    

[url]http://www.midwayusa.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it depends on what you are looking for.  I just bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 from SWFA.  Three days after I got it, I found that Cheaper than Dirt had it for $30 less.  

It pays to look around.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I know SWFA is a AR15.com supporter as they advertise here on the board, but does Midway? Does Cheaper than dirt?

Is it so hard to figure out that if you support dealers HERE ON AR15.com that not only will you often times get a better price, BUT you will also be supporting the site as well.

Goat007, a few clicks of the mouse will put you in touch with dealers who support this site.

Go to your hometown forums.

Look at the top of the page where it say's search Equipment Exchange for local items for sale. The yellow highlighted listings are dealers who support AR15.com.

If you don't have this feature in your hometown forums.......IM your hometown forum moderator and ask him to include it in your hometown forum. We have it on our forum and I use it ALL THE TIME.

C4iGrant is a local dealer (in Virginia) who supports AR15.com and consistently gives me the best prices on every single piece of gear I have got from him. Better than any other price I found.....anywhere. I'm sure if you look you can find dealers in your area willing to do the same.

If not I know Grant is willing to, and often does ship all over the USA.

Find a small fry give the small businessman your business.

Quit paying retail.

No flames intended.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://csgunworks.com/[/url] Ask for Mike and be prepared to thank me later!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
C4iGrant is a local dealer (in Virginia) who supports AR15.com and consistently gives me the best prices on every single piece of gear I have got from him. Better than any other price I found.....anywhere. I'm sure if you look you can find dealers in your area willing to do the same.

If not I know Grant is willing to, and often does ship all over the USA.

Find a small fry give the small businessman your business.

Quit paying retail.

No flames intended.
View Quote

Yep, Grant is the man!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#8]
There are many good vendors on the Equipment exchange. SWFA doesnt offer USPS priority mail, and charges inflated UPS rates. Just something to consider...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=168760[/url]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
 C4iGrant,
I am not trying to be an asshole here, just trying to lead people to a good deal.  I AGREE with what bvmjethead said and I try to stay with supporters of this site, but I have saved a HUGE amount of money from CSgunworks.  I have been in contact with CSgunworks and I have said MANY good things about AR15.com.  As of last night I spoke to someone at CSgunworks and was telling them how much they could benefit from becoming an AR15.com dealer/supporter.  I am hoping to see them join up and strengthen this site even more so than it already is.
  I am now done!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
C4iGrant,

I will ALWAYS try to go through a dealer who supports AR15.com, even if I end up paying 5, 10 or even 20 bucks more for an item that I can get cheaper from a non-supporting dealer.  However, when I can save WELL over 100.00 bucks on one item then I need to rethink the situation.  I have bought items from Pete in NH, Steve LaFlamm, Ammoman, SWFA and of course I am in for the eagerly awaited SEBR AR10 and many others not to mention that I am a paying member on this site and I have had nothing but praise for all of the transactions.  I would love to call you and see if your willing to price match some of my upcomming purchases.  If so then I will be talking to you in the very near future.  
  Thanks much.

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought TA31 ACOG from CS Gunworks.

I don't know other items, but for Trijicon scopes, their prices are hard to beat. (I don't know now, but at that time it was) Also, Mr Mike Cecil, if not best, provides one of the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Although I had some problems with payment and shipping (but thats because of their bank), he was very responsive and extremely helpful in solving these problems. When his shipping department made a mistake, he acknowledged and immediately took responsibility for it. (You might say thats what is normally expected from ALL vendors but it just isn't so.)

(edited to add)

I guess all vendors have some specialties. When I looked at their light prices, it wasn't as competitive as Trijicon scopes.

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know which Leupold you're looking for, but NO ONE could touch Premier Reticles prices on Leupold scopes.  I paid less for my 3.5-10x M1 with their Gen2 Mil-Dot reticle installed than all other dealers wanted for the base model Leupold M1!  Check them out at [url]www.premierreticles.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top