Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:11:32 PM EDT
I'm thinking of ordering a 1000 rounds but don't want to waste my $$$$$$$.
Anybody have any experience with it in your 9MM AR?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It works absolutely perfect in my Spike's 9mm upper.  A wee bit dirty, but nothing extraordinary.  Both old and new Wolf.  No fuss, no muss, no bother.  Shoots well too at indoor pistol range distances and not having to pick up brass is a plus.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
My 9mm AR has been exclusively fed Brown Bear.  It's close enough to Wolf; being Russian steel cased ammo.

I haven't had any problems (besides the fact that it smells like sheeeeeeeeeeit).  It's plenty accurate enough for the distances I use my 9mm at.

So my $.02?  Buy it and shoot it up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:21:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Been using it for years.....no problems at all.....and you will get used to the smell !!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My 9mm AR has been exclusively fed Brown Bear.  It's close enough to Wolf; being Russian steel cased ammo.

I haven't had any problems (besides the fact that it smells like sheeeeeeeeeeit).  It's plenty accurate enough for the distances I use my 9mm at.

So my $.02?  Buy it and shoot it up.

I disagree that Brown Bear is "close enough to Wolf."  To me, Barnaul's ammunition has always appeared to be VERY consistently loaded, while Wolf seems to be consistently INconsistent.  From what I gather, Wolf is also dirtier, but that's beside the point.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I would, but I can get the Federal 50rd boxes for the same price (9.xx) at Walmart as I can get Wolf steel online.

My friend's 9mm AR has no issue with it, though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have not tried any wolf but I run the WWB and the weak remington value pack hollow points without any trouble.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would, but I can get the Federal 50rd boxes for the same price (9.xx) at Walmart as I can get Wolf steel online.

My friend's 9mm AR has no issue with it, though.

This.  Lately the Russian stuff is the same price as the "premium" ammo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
the blazer brass I used to be able to get at walmart was cheaper. Now I am thinking about getting a case of wolf but probably won't.

It shoots fine in my rig.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top