Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 4:03:02 PM EDT
   These have worked flawlessly for me to date. I'd like to compare cost of these compared to the new USGI's.

Thank's,       SB

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=www.ammoman.com]Ammoman[/url] still has some as does [url=www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco also has them.  $15.99
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A local Indoor range has a few of these but I haven't priced them because they are so much heavier than the USGI mags.  Doesn't the extra weight bother you?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Weight:

British steel 30 rnd Mag:   8.0 oz.
USGI Alum 30 rnd mag    :   4.0 oz.

30 rnds 55grJHP XM193's :   12.04

Steel loaded            =    20.4 oz's

Alum  Loaded            =    16.4 oz's

Yes there is a difference in weight by approxamatly  20 %.  If I had to carry 4, 5 or 6 loaded mags around all day I'd say YES.

But these steel mags are very nice for my purpose... Give them a try brother, pick them up side by side loaded and you can hardly tell the difference.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A local Indoor range has a few of these but I haven't priced them because they are so much heavier than the USGI mags.  Doesn't the extra weight bother you?
View Quote

I think with a full 7 mag loadout you may be adding 2 lbs to your load by using English mags

Eat your Wheaties son, eat your Wheaties. [:)]

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
"Milspec-AR" is selling them over on the EE too!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I will try these, guys at the gun range say they are practically indestructible.  They use these steel mags for the their rental AR's which get a LOT of abuse.

I'm noy much for Wheaties, prefer Wheat Chex. lol
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top