Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:26:52 PM EDT
quality??? I have a built rifle w/a CLE lower, Colt A2 upper, and a 20" bbl marked

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7.

Who who makes this and what can you tell me about it?? The CLE lower has a RR 2 stage & RR 6 pos. stock... Just trying to figure out what to do with it 1st. <Other than shooting it of course>

Thanks,
David

edit: I have searched, but until I can afford the $ for membership, the searching pretty much sucks
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody??
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
E = EMCO... (Military contractor)
M = Magnetic Particle Inspection (Similar to Magnaflux)...
P = Proof load firing/testing has been performed...

5.56x45 NATO chamber with 1:7" twist ratio bore...

Its as good as a COLT!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet... The lands & grooves look new. Only about 500 rounds through it according to prev. owner. How about the rest of the set up... any comments on those? The Colt upper is a little beat up, but he also gave me 2 other Colt flattops.

I think I would like to OD the bbl, upper & lower & do a black FF full rail, keep the black RR M4 stock, black Houge, black FA, charger and FH. Remove the FSB, use a front & rear flip up BUIS.

What do you guys think?? I'm thinking the Daniel Defense FF rail too.

Thanks again,

David
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about the rest of the set up... any comments on those?  

The RRA trigger has been known to be unreliable... The RRA stock is no better or worse than any of the other aftermarket stocks that are available...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This is only my 2nd AR... I have a Bushy M4 A3 that's mechanically stock, so I have never shot an AR w/a 2 stage anything. I would like to have this rifle set up to shoot longer range. Was told by prev. owner he shot 69, 72 & 80gr. in this rifle. He shoots on the Navy's marksman team, but this wasn't one he used... this was just a plinker.

Soooo.... any thoughts on what I can do to make this a 500yd tack driver (or make it as accurate as possible) would be appreciated. While I may not be capable of 500yd tack driving, I would like to have a rifle that is... that way I know it's me & not the rifle. Gives me a goal to "master"  the rifle.

David
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else familiar w/the EMCO barrel? Quality, performance...

Thanks,

David
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
EMCO made A1 to A2 conversions, meaning they made upper receivers that you could slap on a lower and, whalla, your A1 is magically an A2.

A significant number of EMCO barrels had rough machined chambers and ANY AND ALL EMCO uppers were deemed undeployable.  I'm not sure what "significant number" would warrant undeployable status, but it must have been quite a few.

EMCO no longer exists, AFAIK.

I've had two and had no issue with either of them.  Whay you have is likely a milsurped barrel/upper and should run fine.  I'd run it hot and hard once or twice.  That's a good way to see if you will have chamber issues with it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
EMCO made A1 to A2 conversions, meaning they made upper receivers that you could slap on a lower and, whalla, your A1 is magically an A2.

A significant number of EMCO barrels had rough machined chambers and ANY AND ALL EMCO uppers were deemed undeployable.  I'm not sure what "significant number" would warrant undeployable status, but it must have been quite a few.

EMCO no longer exists, AFAIK.

I've had two and had no issue with either of them.  Whay you have is likely a milsurped barrel/upper and should run fine.  I'd run it hot and hard once or twice.  That's a good way to see if you will have chamber issues with it.

Thanks mongo... I plan on taking one of the Colt A3 uppers he gave me and swapping the FN/Kaiser A2 out. It does have a Colt bolt & carrier though.

David
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I also have a question?? what about FA MP 5.56MM Match 1/9...is it Fulton Armory?? Im in the process of purchasing the barrel..is it quality or not?? Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top