Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 12:34:35 PM EDT
I bought a Model 1 A2 upper M4 kit w/ 5.56mm chamber and chrome lining.  Looks good!  Now, who makes their lower parts kit?  Is it Chinese junk or is from a reputable company?  What about the bolt and bolt carrier?

I'm getting a DPMS forged lower tomorrow and I'll slap it together hopefully tomorrow night or Tuesday.  This is my first build, so I'm hoping it works well.  I'll shoot it Wednesday and let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows. I have heard Chinese, DPMS & RRA as possible sources. I Have assembled two Model 1 lower kits with no problems. Detent spring for the front and rear take down pins has to have couple of coils trimed off. Other than that, no problems to report.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
All parts Model1Sales use are USA made, don't believe the hype
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The hammers and the triggers of the two M1 kits I just put together had the M stamp on them. Quality was excellent as always.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
CTM

Continental Machine & Tool in New Britain Ct. We're the biggest AR-15/M-16 manufacturers in the world. We make the M- 16 for Colt's (everything but the barrel and plastic), all the Rock River weapons, bolts and selectors for F.N., uppers and other nifty stuff for everybody in the business except the "crap merchants".

WILLAIM
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You guys discuss that at your last Model 1 Sales meeting?  Munching fried chicken and figuring out new ways to fool the masses?  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hmmmm.... I am seeing a pattern here........
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
*cough*
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
so if your customer service is not the best then you must also have crap chicom parts as well?

i thought arfcom was a fair board
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
so if your customer service is not the best then you must also have crap chicom parts as well?

i thought arfcom was a fair board

I dont think anyone is saying that!  Most of the posts state they are quality parts.  I personally dont know if they are or arent, so I wont (and didnt) state anything.

Just seeing a pattern of a potential M1S employee (or buddy) posing as a regular Joe.....

Truth is... we wont know the origin of the parts.... so it's kind of pointless.  I havent heard anything negative about their LPK quality at all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Chinese made junk...piss off, Sherluk/Nesard troll
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
lol

Well some of us work

I haven't had time since i responded to the original post, and added what is posted in their catalog  - made with 100% USA parts

but you griefers are funny - got a job?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top