Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
I dunno if it is just me..... but I just dont care.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Are you really expecting a serious reply to this, or are you just looking for reactions as usual?  Not everyone spends as much time here on a regular basis as you, and even fewer are concerned with what you care about.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's a shmorgasboard.  If you don't like it, don't eat it.  I'm not quite sure why you would have no interest when it's probably the best 5.56 round there is for anti personelle.  If you argue with me, I'll know why you posted.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am indifferent.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do people get upset by other people's posts.  If you see another Mk2 MOD 1 thread, don't click on it...  JMO.

TS
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a shmorgasboard.  If you don't like it, don't eat it.  I'm not quite sure why you would have no interest when it's probably the best 5.56 round there is for anti personelle.  If you argue with me, I'll know why you posted.

It is not the best anti personel round. It has a late yaw/fragmentation cycle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If that sick of it, why did you post another one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not the best anti personel round. It has a late yaw/fragmentation cycle.

woops, OK second best to the 75's.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
When the entire military is shooting this round, I'll be more likely to believe in it.  That may happen, but I am not holding my breath.  It is an expensive round and not readily available (common sporting goods item).  You need a 1 in 7 or 8" twist barrel to be sure of stabilization.  Most barrels are currently sold with 9" twist.

I just can't get excited...yet.   But more power to the guys buying this round.  Means more M193 and M855 type ammo for me.  Jeff
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
woops, OK second best to the 75's.  Sorry.

You should be, what the hell is wrong with you?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you really expecting a serious reply to this, or are you just looking for reactions as usual?  Not everyone spends as much time here on a regular basis as you, and even fewer are concerned with what you care about.

Wow!  

Did I shit in your wheaties or something?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at all!  I absolutely agree.  I guess I just dont understand post after post about this stuff like it is gold or something.  It is what it is... a few reads of the oracle and Troy's/Brouhaha's information... and you figure that out.  Why all this mystery behind it, like Leprechauns are making it or something.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why do people get upset by other people's posts.  If you see another Mk2 MOD 1 thread, don't click on it...  JMO.

TS

Where did you gather I was upset?

I hope my post didnt upset you.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#13]
i think that there are so many posts because all we can do is talk about it.  75's included.  I just don't think that most of us can afford it.  1000 rounds of 3131a or 300 rounds of the 77.  I've got a 1:7 that is made for this shit but i just can't afford it like a 55 or 62.  I get a little when i can.  Maybe that is why we all talk about it...???  $00.01  
We can dream of the $00.30 77grn

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
All the ammo in my house is 75 grain.  Oh and some Wolf for full auto blasting but that does not count.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All the ammo in my house is 75 grain.  Oh and some Wolf for full auto blasting but that does not count.

Is this the same bullet that you guys like so much in 75 grain?

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=559619

It is on sale and a HELL of a lot cheaper than 77SMK's.  I wonder how its long range accuracy compares to SMK's?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
That's the one. Although the BH (new production) and Tap that use this bullet, have a cannelure.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#17]
IMO, it's too expensive and appeals only to a small niche of users. Obviously, the manufacturers are not very interested, as the majority of barrels continue to be made in 1/9 twist.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top