Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:25:08 PM EST
I've been looking around and planning for a carbine build.

What I'm looking for is:

16'' barrel, chrome, threaded, phantom FS (Would prefer Govt but could live with M4 profile)
Daniel Defense or Larue 7'' (Havent decided which)
Flattop upper, LMT if i'm picky but no biggie
BUIS (Arms #40?) and Flip front sight (GG&G?)

I'll get the details sorted out but I still don't know where to go to get it ordered/assembled (lack of tools at this location... several months until funds available)

To put it more simply: Who will make me an upper that I customize WITHOUT charging me an arm and a leg to put it together?

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:24:41 AM EST
MSTN - I just got 16" Chrome 1/7 M4 profile LMT upper with Larue 7.0 yesterday.
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=204111

Bravo Company USA - done business with them too

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=202965

Also, check out Grant's at www.gandrtactical.com

All are site supporters and have first class customer service.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:16:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:39:05 AM EST
Buddy of mine just got his custom upper from www.rbprecision.com It's looks great, and they charned a nominal fee for assembly. Customer service was great, and I guess the head armorer for Rock River moonlights and does RB's work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:24:58 AM EST
That is almost exactly what I just had built. You MUST check out JTAC Supply I have two of his uppers now and extremely pleased. Don't pay the other guys way high prices.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:45:32 AM EST
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:49:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By SIGNAL4L:
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO

+1

I currently have one of his uppers here in Iraq and plan on having one (or more) built for me once I'm back in the States.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:59:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By stony275:

Originally Posted By SIGNAL4L:
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO

+1

I currently have one of his uppers here in Iraq and plan on having one (or more) built for me once I'm back in the States.

+1 for ADCO. Haven't had any built there, but I get alot of my parts from them and service is outstanding.

stony,

Stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:19:49 AM EST
I bought a BM 1/7 M4 14.5" upper with a DD 7.0 rail from www.eaglefirearms.net. They DID NOT CHARGE for the rail install. Very low prices, very quick turn around, great communication and great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:49:36 AM EST
A big +1 for BravoCompanyUSA! Paul really takes the time to make sure you get what you want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:41:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 7:53:12 AM EST by redfisher]

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

What I'm looking for is:

16'' barrel, chrome, threaded, phantom FS (Would prefer Govt but could live with M4 profile)

I'll get the details sorted out but I still don't know where to go to get it ordered/assembled (lack of tools at this location... several months until funds available)

To put it more simply: Who will make me an upper that I customize WITHOUT charging me an arm and a leg to put it together?

- BUCC_Guy

Like this one maybe?

almost your specs to a 'T'

or as was mentioned, these guys have a great reputation and price-wise, are right there with the best of them

check here.............BUILD YOUR OWN UPPER
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:02:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

What I'm looking for is:

- BUCC_Guy

Like this one maybe?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/m4gery016508x381.jpg
almost your specs to a 'T'

or as was mentioned, these guys have a great reputation and price-wise, are right there with the best of them

check here.............BUILD YOUR OWN UPPER

Very close to that. Just a change-up with a flip sight and bingo.

But I can't see how they arrive at the price they charge. When i customized one, I was lookin at almost $1100. When I did it out by hand it didn't look so painful... I'll have to check again

- BG
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:02:49 AM EST

Very close to that. Just a change-up with a flip sight and bingo.

But I can't see how they arrive at the price they charge. When i customized one, I was lookin at almost $1100. When I did it out by hand it didn't look so painful... I'll have to check again

- BG

I paid $485 (plus shipping for the LMT M4 upper, $300 + $60 install for the DD Free float, plus $110 or so for the ARMS 40L. So for the upper only, it was $955 (not including the ACOG of course).

So, short of picking up components second hand, or at a serious discount, I believe you are in the $1,000 range for your upper. As you said, you would also need to add a front gas block and pop-up front site- so all together you would have about $1,200 in it.

But you would also have a first-class set up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:35:58 AM EST
Another vote for ADCO. Got a customized M-4 upper from him. Very pleased, showed up 4 days after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:38:48 AM EST
id go with ADCO the upper i got from them kicksass
Top Top