Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 12:25:08 AM EDT
I've been looking around and planning for a carbine build.

What I'm looking for is:

16'' barrel, chrome, threaded, phantom FS (Would prefer Govt but could live with M4 profile)
Daniel Defense or Larue 7''  (Havent decided which)
Flattop upper, LMT if i'm picky but no biggie
BUIS  (Arms #40?) and Flip front sight (GG&G?)

I'll get the details sorted out but I still don't know where to go to get it ordered/assembled (lack of tools at this location... several months until funds available)

To put it more simply:  Who will make me an upper that I customize WITHOUT charging me an arm and a leg to put it together?  

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
MSTN - I just got 16" Chrome 1/7 M4 profile LMT upper with Larue 7.0 yesterday.
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=204111

Bravo Company USA - done business with them too

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=202965

Also, check out Grant's at www.gandrtactical.com

All are site supporters and have first class customer service.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Buddy of mine just got his custom upper from www.rbprecision.com  It's looks great, and they charned a nominal fee for assembly.  Customer service was great, and I guess the head armorer for Rock River moonlights and does RB's work.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
That is almost exactly what I just had built.  You MUST check out JTAC Supply  I have two of his uppers now and extremely pleased.  Don't pay the other guys way high prices.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#5]
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO

+1

I currently have one of his uppers here in Iraq and plan on having one (or more) built for me once I'm back in the States.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ADCO...ADCO...ADCO

+1

I currently have one of his uppers here in Iraq and plan on having one (or more) built for me once I'm back in the States.

+1 for ADCO.  Haven't had any built there, but I get alot of my parts from them and service is outstanding.

stony,

Stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a BM 1/7 M4 14.5" upper with a DD 7.0 rail from www.eaglefirearms.net. They DID NOT CHARGE for the rail install. Very low prices, very quick turn around, great communication and great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
A big +1 for BravoCompanyUSA! Paul really takes the time to make sure you get what you want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What I'm looking for is:

16'' barrel, chrome, threaded, phantom FS (Would prefer Govt but could live with M4 profile)

I'll get the details sorted out but I still don't know where to go to get it ordered/assembled (lack of tools at this location... several months until funds available)

To put it more simply:  Who will make me an upper that I customize WITHOUT charging me an arm and a leg to put it together?  

- BUCC_Guy

Like this one maybe?

almost your specs to a 'T'

or as was mentioned, these guys have a great reputation and price-wise, are right there with the best of them

check here.............BUILD YOUR OWN UPPER
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I'm looking for is:

- BUCC_Guy

Like this one maybe?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/m4gery016508x381.jpg
almost your specs to a 'T'

or as was mentioned, these guys have a great reputation and price-wise, are right there with the best of them

check here.............BUILD YOUR OWN UPPER

Very close to that.  Just a change-up with a flip sight and bingo.

But I can't see how they arrive at the price they charge.  When i customized one, I was lookin at almost $1100.  When I did it out by hand it didn't look so painful...   I'll have to check again

- BG
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Very close to that.  Just a change-up with a flip sight and bingo.

But I can't see how they arrive at the price they charge.  When i customized one, I was lookin at almost $1100.  When I did it out by hand it didn't look so painful...   I'll have to check again

- BG

I paid $485 (plus shipping for the LMT M4 upper, $300 + $60 install for the DD Free float, plus $110 or so for the ARMS 40L. So for the upper only, it was $955 (not including the ACOG  of course).

So, short of picking up components second hand, or at a serious discount, I believe you are in the $1,000 range for your upper. As you said, you would also need to add a front gas block and pop-up front site- so all together you would have about $1,200 in it.

But you would also have a first-class set up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for ADCO.  Got a customized M-4 upper from him.  Very pleased, showed up 4 days after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#14]
id go with ADCO the upper i got from them kicksass
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top