Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:56:54 AM EDT
While many companies market AR-15 Rifles with their name on them most purchase the receiver castings or forgings in various stages of completion.

I would like to know what companies actually make the AR15 and AR10 castings and forgings. I think that ALCO and CerroFab will build them on contract but not completely sure.

I would like to draw upon the knowledge of the members to assist with this question.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the other forging companies are Kaiser,Muller Brass, Cardinal Forge, and Anchor Harvey.
some of the casting places are a company owned by Olympic Arms and National Ordnance. Rumor was Ruger cast some for EA Company but when I asked the owner said someone else was doing them now. Also Hesse had someone casting their early lowers and they are a different casting than the other companies but not sure who did them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard that AlphaCasting in Montreal used to do casting of uppers and lowers, but apparently business is way down in cast parts nowadays, as everyone wants forged.  Can't say as I blame them.

http://www.alphacasting.com/english/index2.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Essential Arms here in Louisiana manufactures their own lowers. Cast for now, forged coming soon, they say.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have heard that AlphaCasting in Montreal used to do casting of uppers and lowers, but apparently business is way down in cast parts nowadays, as everyone wants forged.  Can't say as I blame them.

www.alphacasting.com/english/index2.html

Hot link.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top