Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 8:58:52 PM EDT
I have already read the tacked thread, and damn near every post on stocks for the last 3 years.  Keep that in mind b4 you start yelling about "read the tack"

Thank you.

Now that I have that out of the way.

I currently have an A2 stock and would like to get a tele-stock but don't know which one would work with MY shooting style.  I DO NOT shoot "nose to charging handle".  I shoot FAR away from the back sight.  My cheek weld is on the BACK 4.5 inches of stock.... not the front.

At first I was thinking about the Magpul, but then I remember reading somewhere about it not being a good choice if your cheek weld is far back.  When most people review telestocks, they talk about the cheek weld... when using N2CH, not the other way.  So, all in all, i am pretty confused.

Please help me out guys.

Thanks

Stainless
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are not N-C-H, then maybe you might be wasting your money getting a collapsable.  Maybe a fixed stock like an VLTOR A1 Modstock or a Sully stock may better suit your needs.  I had a Crane clone collapsable on my SPR clone and it never moved from the one position it was always in, and that position was the same as the VLTOR A1 Modstock, so I switched to the A1 Modstock.  Just a different point of view to think about.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot exactly like you... I rest my cheek on the stock, not the tube.  Granted, I have NOT handled the Magpul or VLTOR etc...  But I have found the stock that I'm perfectly happy with.  It's the Rock River Arms "unmarked" 6-position telestock from Legal Transfers (Pete in NH) on the EE.  

The stock is rock-solid with NO wobble, and since I don't do NTCH, I don't get my whiskers caught in the stock/tube.  

As a bonus, the last position on the stock is actually a bit LONGER than the A2 stock for those of us who like to "get back".

For the mere $75 cost, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the Magpul on a personal rifle.

Work with a M4 Stock daily.

The whole "Nose to the handle" thing is ridiculous and nothing but an overgeneralization.

the Magpul stock is worlds more comfy than any of the other tele stocks I have tried including the VLTOR, and MUCH more robust.

My vote on the matter anyhow.
S-28
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
S-28, you made my mind up for me.  I'm debating between the VLTOR and the M-93.  I just need a good price now ala group buy.

-Tyler
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My thread is in here, Im thinking about getting a duostock soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#7]
regular 6-pos CAR stock

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
S-28, you made my mind up for me.  I'm debating between the VLTOR and the M-93.  I just need a good price now ala group buy.

-Tyler

BravoCompanyUSA in the EE or Industry section has a great price on the complete Basic VLTOR kit!  Plus Paul is a great guy to deal with!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Where is the best price on the magpul ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my VLTOR.
I like the LMT Crane alot as well.
The Magpul is nice and damn sturdy..Asthetically, I just don't really like the
"RoboCop's Leg." look

There's also nothing wrong with a sturdy M4 enhanced 6 POS.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Tyler

BravoCompanyUSA in the EE or Industry section has a great price on the complete Basic VLTOR kit!  Plus Paul is a great guy to deal with!

Paul at Bravo is a great guy, with great customer service.

ls
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
regular 6-pos CAR stock

+1

Or an M4, 4 or 6 pos.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot with my nose back, too.
RRA 6-pos works very, very well for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Where is the best price on the magpul ?

Bravo Company...I got one of the DET 1 stocks from them.  It is  the M93 instead of the newer M93A, but it doesn't matter to me; it satisfies all my needs.  It was $165 instead of the usual $225 or so.  It also came with a FREE CAR spring and H Buffer.  Not a bad deal in my book especially considering that it was in MUCH better shape than I had expected-looks like it had been used in a few 3-Gun matches or a carbine course somewhere.  Plus, Paul is a great guy to deal with.  

Edit to add...get it  HERE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top