Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:29:08 PM EDT
I am needing a rail to mount to my AR so I can mount a foregrip to it. I've oly seen the floating rail sets for $240+ I don't want the foregrip that bad.

Is there an inexpensive rail & can mount to my AR for this?
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
check out magpul's new rail. its cheap around $35 i believe.. I have not used one yet only have handled one
ive seen them online
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a decent quality value-priced free float quadrail, check out YHM (Yankee Hill Machine). $100; cant be beat for the price.

P.S. Avoid UTG.
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If you only want to put a foregrip on it, then why not just buy a rail piece you can bolt on to your standard handguards? $15.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
check out magpul's new rail. its cheap around $35 i believe.. I have not used one yet only have handled one
ive seen them online

I see no such rail on their site
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you only want to put a foregrip on it, then why not just buy a rail piece you can bolt on to your standard handguards? $15.

That's what I am looking for. I'm asking where to get it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You get what you pay for.  Daniel Defense Omega rail is a very good choice,  save some money and buy once.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Falcon 4 inch Rail - $18.00

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/images/item_images/item_197_1_lg.jpg

Perfect, thank you. I assume I just screw it onto my AR & done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/images/item_images/item_197_1_lg.jpg

Perfect, thank you. I assume I just screw it onto my AR & done.

And then most likely deal with the maddening looseness and flexing of the standard handguard when you use your foregrip.  To each his own.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
go with the tapco intrafuse rail its a awesome rail for $60 i couldnt ask for a better rail for the money i did a review of it right here with pics. well worth $60. Geat rail.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=429501
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
In my opinion, and it is just an opinion, the Midwest Industries 2 piece is the best for the money. It is $129.99. The place I got mine at the time was running a special where you got the handguard removal tool and sling adapter thrown in.

http://www.indytacticalsupply.com/Midwest-Industries-2-pc-Carbine-Handguard-p93.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#13]
lowest price with good quality is UTG $60. Comes with handgaurds too. Gets the job done, rock solid, just weighs a little more than my DD Omega
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
lowest price with good quality is UTG $60. Comes with handgaurds too. Gets the job done, rock solid, just weighs a little more than my DD Omega

Please tell me I need to get my eyes checked and you didn't just call a UTG product good quality.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Ive used their product and it works just like my DD rail, which allows me to attach items to the rifle. It installs easily, good fit, so why cant it be good? Is it DD or Knights good? No, but it gets the job done for a weekend warrior.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top