Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/30/2011 7:48:28 AM EDT
Ok, Micro on tall mount, M2, or Eotech 552? Looking to replace a sight, and was wandering your thoughts on the merits of them all... thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:25:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2011 8:25:29 AM EDT by Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut]
What rig do you have? IMHO, if it is really light or really heavy, than a Micro on a tall mount. Anything in between, I'd choose M2 (I don't have an M2, but I have a couple of M4/s, which is similar in weight, I believe).

Eotech? I own none of them, so I can't comment.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:03:45 AM EDT
I bought a 552 'cause I hope to one day have some nightvision to mount behind it. No nightvision yet, but I like the sight a lot. I've read that people with astigmatism have a problem with the holographic nature of EoTechs; I have a slight astigmatism and do not have any problems. I think most issues are operator error: you have to look through the sight and focus on your target, not focus on the reticle itself.

I can't comment on modern Aimpoints on ARs, but my sister has an old Aimpoint on her .38 Special revolver and it has held up well.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:38:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WhyTanFox:
I bought a 552 'cause I hope to one day have some nightvision to mount behind it. No nightvision yet, but I like the sight a lot. I've read that people with astigmatism have a problem with the holographic nature of EoTechs; I have a slight astigmatism and do not have any problems. I think most issues are operator error: you have to look through the sight and focus on your target, not focus on the reticle itself.
I can't comment on modern Aimpoints on ARs, but my sister has an old Aimpoint on her .38 Special revolver and it has held up well.

This, I was having problems with my eotech being fuzzy, and once I heard this those problems went away.

I have owned an aimpoint h1, and currently an eotech 511.

what I like about the aimpoint h1 was the size and hte battery life.
What I didnt like was the field of view seemed to be cut down a bit because of the small tube.

What I love about the eotech is the reticle and the large field of view. this is what really has me stuck on the eotech.
Top Top