Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 7:48:28 AM EDT
Ok, Micro on tall mount, M2, or Eotech 552? Looking to replace a sight, and was wandering your thoughts on the merits of them all... thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
What rig do you have?  IMHO, if it is really light or really heavy, than a Micro on a tall mount.  Anything in between, I'd choose M2 (I don't have an M2, but I have a couple of M4/s, which is similar in weight, I believe).

Eotech?  I own none of them, so I can't comment.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 552 'cause I hope to one day have some nightvision to mount behind it.  No nightvision yet, but I like the sight a lot.  I've read that people with astigmatism have a problem with the holographic nature of EoTechs; I have a slight astigmatism and do not have any problems.  I think most issues are operator error:  you have to look through the sight and focus on your target, not focus on the reticle itself.

I can't comment on modern Aimpoints on ARs, but my sister has an old Aimpoint on her .38 Special revolver and it has held up well.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a 552 'cause I hope to one day have some nightvision to mount behind it.  No nightvision yet, but I like the sight a lot.  I've read that people with astigmatism have a problem with the holographic nature of EoTechs; I have a slight astigmatism and do not have any problems.  I think most issues are operator error:  you have to look through the sight and focus on your target, not focus on the reticle itself.
I can't comment on modern Aimpoints on ARs, but my sister has an old Aimpoint on her .38 Special revolver and it has held up well.

This, I was having problems with my eotech being fuzzy, and once I heard this those problems went away.

I have owned an aimpoint h1, and currently an eotech 511.

what I like about the aimpoint h1 was the size and hte battery life.
What I didnt like was the field of view seemed to be cut down a bit because of the small tube.

What I love about the eotech is the reticle and the large field of view. this is what really has me stuck on the eotech.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top