Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:01:50 PM EST
My mount came with a small white plastic tube of Lock-Tite, but I don't know whether it's the permanent type, or one of the "less permanent" types. Does anyone know which of the 4-5 types ships w/ ARMS mounts, and which is the best for mounting a #38 (flattop riser w/ BUIS) to a flattop?

Thanks for any replies.

By the way, the Wall Street Journal reported this week that the AWB is likely DOA, given that Clinton credited it w/ losing the Congress to the Republican party in 1996 and no Democrats other than the usual suspects are making any noise about it w/ less than a year til sunset. Anyone think a bull market on pre-bans will pop up in the next months?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:05:21 PM EST
What color is the Lock-tite? I always use the blue stuff, #24240, medium strength. It holds just fine and is not impossible to remove should the need arise. The Red is like welding, so you won't find any of that stuff around my guns. Just because I 'know" I will never want to remove something today, experience has taught me that I may not feel that way tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:23:22 PM EST
I didn't open the tube, so I don't know. Is the paste itself different colors, or are the tubes different colors? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:41:46 PM EST
All the stuff ARMS supplies is semi perm since they supply to those who may also want to place spacers in the rings, etc. and must be able to remove it. Good shootin, Jack
Top Top