Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 8:47:02 PM EDT
I am looking for a new AR style rifle but can't decide weather to but the Armalite AR-10(T) Ultra in the .300 RSAUM or the DPMSinc  RFA2-300 in the .300 RSAUM.  I don't know which is the better rifle or which is the most accurate.  Any help from you guys would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You,
Branon
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a DPMS, and I LOVE my rifle...but I gotta give the nod to Shivan here.  When you're talking about a relatively new chambering, and all the goofy stuff that can go wrong, you can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty.  For me, I was torn between the '10T and the DPMS 308 and the DPMS won due to the pricetag of $869 vs Armalites $1800 in similar configuration.  If I recall correctly, the DPMS 300 is going for around $1200 or so, Armalite is still in the $1800 range.  I guess I could justify a $600 price difference for the warranty on the 300s, but I just couldn't swallow the $1000 difference for a 308.  Hell, I figured if my rifle broke so badly that I couldn't fix it cheap, I could just replace it and still be under the Ts pricetag.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys

I appriciate the help
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got both (in .308).  If I could only have one I'd spring for the ArmaLite.

Am having mag trouble with the DPMS.  The ArmaLite mag works better but they tell you you have to use FMJ bullets and load the mag to 5 rounds very carefully.  Word is they're working on a mag improvement.  Looking at how the fat magnums fit that .308 magazine i wonder how they work at all.  FMJ factory loads are cataloged by remington suppsedly but you can't find them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I've read about the mag troubles with DPMS rifles.  I've decided to go with Armalite's AR-10T Ultra.  I can't help but love magnums in an AR style rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top