Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 9:16:49 PM EDT
for my Rock River Arms "Entry Tactical" (without the carry handle - so it's flattop) ?

Where's the best place to purchase one ?

How hard is it to put on the rifle (I've never taken the barrel down) ?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info MSTN.
I clicked on your website link, but didn't see the two models you mentioned.

How much are the two you mentioned ?

Which would would fit on a Bushmaster Dissipator Upper ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]
MSTN how far are y'all from Knoxville?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If you get the C model (Civilian) SIR you do not need to remove the barrel, but if you get the M model (Military) you have to remove the barrel for installation.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again for the information.

What is the difference between the two models ? Does the Military model free-float the barrel while the civilian model does not ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Both have free float barrels.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
With the "Civilian" model, you do not have to remove the "D" ring (big spring-loaded ring that holds the back part of the handguards on). On the military models you have to take off the "D" ring. I have heard mention here that some have dremmeled off the "D" ring, but you risk damaging your weapon doing so.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
With the "Civilian" model, you do not have to remove the "D" ring (big spring-loaded ring that holds the back part of the handguards on). On the military models you have to take off the "D" ring. I have heard mention here that some have dremmeled off the "D" ring, but you risk damaging your weapon doing so.

Thats what I meant JHaines. To correct myself, you don't necessarily have to remove the barrel but you do have to remove the D ring. Unless you have knowledge doing this I recommend getting the C version. Like Sailor said, you could damage your AR if you are not careful.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If you damage your rifle when cutting off a Delta ring, then there is a good chance that you might not ought to be handling a firearm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top