Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 8:16:49 PM EST
for my Rock River Arms "Entry Tactical" (without the carry handle - so it's flattop) ?

Where's the best place to purchase one ?

How hard is it to put on the rifle (I've never taken the barrel down) ?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:19:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:25:02 PM EST
Thanks for the info MSTN.
I clicked on your website link, but didn't see the two models you mentioned.

How much are the two you mentioned ?

Which would would fit on a Bushmaster Dissipator Upper ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:30:17 AM EST
MSTN how far are y'all from Knoxville?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:31:50 AM EST
If you get the C model (Civilian) SIR you do not need to remove the barrel, but if you get the M model (Military) you have to remove the barrel for installation.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:35:14 AM EST
Thanks again for the information.

What is the difference between the two models ? Does the Military model free-float the barrel while the civilian model does not ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:36:52 AM EST
Both have free float barrels.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:44:44 AM EST
With the "Civilian" model, you do not have to remove the "D" ring (big spring-loaded ring that holds the back part of the handguards on). On the military models you have to take off the "D" ring. I have heard mention here that some have dremmeled off the "D" ring, but you risk damaging your weapon doing so.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:07:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Unknown1Sailor:
With the "Civilian" model, you do not have to remove the "D" ring (big spring-loaded ring that holds the back part of the handguards on). On the military models you have to take off the "D" ring. I have heard mention here that some have dremmeled off the "D" ring, but you risk damaging your weapon doing so.

Thats what I meant JHaines. To correct myself, you don't necessarily have to remove the barrel but you do have to remove the D ring. Unless you have knowledge doing this I recommend getting the C version. Like Sailor said, you could damage your AR if you are not careful.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:23:47 PM EST
If you damage your rifle when cutting off a Delta ring, then there is a good chance that you might not ought to be handling a firearm.
Top Top