Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 2:59:35 PM EDT
Several years ago, I ordered stripper clips from a guy that was reccomended from here.  They were in excellent condition and priced right.....now I need more.  The place was called Wu's supply, or something similiar.  Anyone????
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
they were like 15 cents a piece at my local military surplus store.  If you have one in your town you may want to try there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Absit...thats the place!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Well since we are on the subject of stripper clips.
I bought some at the last Fun Show. I just wanted to try them out.
I found them difficult to use. Seems to be very hard to slide the rounds into the mag?
I have tried many times. This seems to be a quick and simple way to load mags but how much force should it take? I have a couple dozen clips and three guides.

I have tightened up the guides and pushed out the stop tab so it won’t slide over the back of the mag but after two or three clips they get deformed again because of the amount of force required. The clips also get pushed down into the guide to far also.
I feel that they are not worth the hassle. I mean you have to load the clips to load the mags anyway. I think my Lula is a far better and faster means of loading my mags.

Know what I might be doing wrong?        
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think my Lula is a far better and faster means of loading my mags.

You preload stripper clips, you don't load them just to reload them into a magazine.  When used properly, you can load a full magazine in the time it takes to load 4 or 5 rounds with the lula.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think my Lula is a far better and faster means of loading my mags.

You preload stripper clips, you don't load them just to reload them into a magazine.  When used properly, you can load a full magazine in the time it takes to load 4 or 5 rounds with the lula.

Stick
I understand there purpose and use.
I have two dozen clips preloaded. Not my intention to load them then the mags regularly.  
The problem is they have a tendency to jam on loading and are very hard to push the rounds into the mag. When I say hard I mean I have to put the mag on a hard surface and push the rounds in with great force. Just holding the mag in one hand and pushing in with the other will not happen. I was thinking of light oil on the clips to allow the rounds to slide a bit smother, but I feel this may get to much oil into the mags and cause dirt to cling inside them. I think mostly it might be poor alignment by the guides I have. I was going to buy a few more at the next fun show and see if this will make a difference.

I can tell you this I can load thirty rounds faster by hand one by one than with my stripper clips. I get the first ten in and then fight to pull the clip from the guide, most of the time I have to pull the guide off the mag the pull it off the clip and then back onto the mag then a new clip. The guides seem to be the problem here IMO. I have also noticed that the tip of the round catches on the front of the mag. This clearly shows misalignment of the guide. I am not mechanically challenged by any means but I don’t seem to know what I am doing wrong here. This is a simple process.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Rollyman, Are you sure you bought 5.56 strippers? .30 carbine strippers look awfully close but are about 15 thousanths narrower and about 1/8th inch shorter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Rollyman,

I don't know what to tell you.  Stripper clips are a lot quicker, and yes, sometimes you have to press pretty hard.  Maybe you've got ones that are mangled, but mine are pretty tight as well.  I don't bother ever trying to use  my hand, and I grab  hard edge and press them in with a hard quick press.  Its the same way I did it while in the military, and it doesn't seem anything has changed with them.

I'm kind of at a loss as far as what to tell you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rollyman,

I don't know what to tell you.  Stripper clips are a lot quicker, and yes, sometimes you have to press pretty hard.  Maybe you've got ones that are mangled, but mine are pretty tight as well.  I don't bother ever trying to use  my hand, and I grab  hard edge and press them in with a hard quick press.  Its the same way I did it while in the military, and it doesn't seem anything has changed with them.

I'm kind of at a loss as far as what to tell you.

I agree Stickman...

Rollyman, A trick to get the clip to release and feed easier is to use another magazine as a pusher to strip the clip... The pusher mag would be held in a horizontal position, placed on the top round and pushed downward...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:57:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I used strippers a lot. After I cut my thumb I started looking for a better way.
I tried the stripper guide that Thermold made and it works very well, but it is a little flimsy.

my solution is this. The C-Mag Loader

I bought this from Betco.com direct.
I slip the stripper in, and smack it with the palm of my hand and boom, its loaded. It even has a little magnet that pulls out the spent stripper.
$17.50 from Beta.co

I love mine, it is a permanent addition to my range bag.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The C-Mag Loader looks a bit to bulky to be carrying in the field... Not bad for the couch commando though...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Definately the way to go.  I saw one demonstrated (not this one, but similar) at a gun show and I looked for it for months and finally found it a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I've seen hundreds of newbies make the "my stripper clip jams" mistake.  Put your thumb at the BASE of the case and push down along the clip.  Pushing anywhere else tends to make the rims jam pretty badly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I was denting the top round when I used this quickloader with stirpper clips.

However, once I switched to the Magpul anti-tilt followers, the mags are much easier to load. So, I guess the green followers were binding when the rounds were being forced in to the mags.

Just one more reason to switch to the Magpul followers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top