Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 1:49:17 PM EDT
I really would like to have my AR along deer hunting this year. That means I want it to have a 6.8 upper. That means I need to buy one. So the BIG question is, where do I buy ammo?

I emailed the good folks at Remington a few days ago and still have no answer.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just get the Wal Mart value packs!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard that Remington has canceled the 6.8 project.Although I can not verify this yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington will have ammo out in a month, I hear. Right now somebody's uncle is buying it all. Barret contracted with American Ammunition to make some too, expressly for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard that Remington has canceled the 6.8 project.Although I can not verify this yet.

I heard that Hobbyshooter wets the bed, although I cannot verify this yet.

Hahahahahahaha

This thread scares me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Find some brass and handload yourself up 30 rounds for sight-in and deer season.

-z
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I'll start handloadin, right after I cut the grass, finish my bachelors, get a real job, and win the Nobel prize....

I aint buyin an upper til I can get ammo, AT THE STORE.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'll start handloadin, right after I cut the grass, finish my bachelors, get a real job, and win the Nobel prize....

Sounds like a good plan for you.

There's no need to get upset about its availability.   We've known production ammo "hasn't been available yet" from the begining (what, Jan, Feb?).   People who wanted to shoot sooner have planned accordingly and have been for months.

-z

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Then I'd hold off on a 6.8SPC. Today, as Zak said its either reload or wait until Remingtion (or others) start shipping to us civies. If by store, you mean Wally-World, then you are in for a very long wait. Currently, all Remington current production 6.8SPC, when you can get it sells for near or at match ammo prices.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It IS match ammo. 115 OTM.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It IS match ammo. 115 OTM.

C_J

As of today, the 115gr OTM falls in that class. I have been able to get a limited amount and its been ~$18/box of 20. This is the lower end pricing for anyone's match ammo. The current 115gr OTM shoots much less than 0.75MOA (on average) in my MSTN 16.5" 6.8SPC Upper with a Colt lower with a standard FCG. And NO, before the question is ask, the ammo I have been able to get recently has not been from MSTN. I have not been to be able to beg borrow or steal the MatchKing loadings. My expectations are this will be more consistant in sub 0.75MOA performance. As alway, we will see.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you imagine if Walmart did sell it? They would strong arm Remington into selling it for .50 cents. Then find a Chinese maker to copy it and sell it for .49 cents thus driving remington out of the 6.8SPC biz.

I was just curios if anyone online was selling some. I'll just wait for that 6.8 upper. Aren't their any re-loaders who can sell it in limited quantities online?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can you imagine if Walmart did sell it? They would strong arm Remington into selling it for .50 cents. Then find a Chinese maker to copy it and sell it for .49 cents thus driving remington out of the 6.8SPC biz.

I was just curios if anyone online was selling some. I'll just wait for that 6.8 upper. Aren't their any re-loaders who can sell it in limited quantities online?

A person needs a special ammunition manufacturing license to sell it.

-z
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#14]
you anti walmart guys crack me up.  Face the facts, when the wall came down we entered the information age.  The good ole US of A will not be the leader in manufacturing.  It's the way it is.  Other countries can make crap cheaper than us. (Thanks in part to the unions, taxes, etc)  And the quality is not as bad as it used to be.  Almost all the us car manufactures ship their lower end car facilities to mexico or somewhere else.  The japs are sending their plants here????  It IS a global economy.  Your shoes prove it.  Now it's cool that we still do have gun manufacturing here and I support as much as I can.  But I don't even if all the brand name ammo we buy is made here.  Is it???  I don't shop at walmart too much.  But it's not because I'm worried about this crap.  Target, Kmart, this mart that mart, they all carry the same stuff.  You should be thanking God walmart still has the cojone's to sell ammo and guns.  Michael Moore help put the pressure on Kmart to stop doing that.  And he's been trying to get walmart to stop also.  I'm not trying to be rude but this is the way I see it and it's pretty obvious.  The chinese aren't going to kill the 6.8 market.  Just buy it when you can get it and it will help the cartridge.  It would be nice if it was out en masse but patience is a virtue, rome wasn't built in a day and neither will a free Iraq.

My 2 cents.  J.J.

By the way brou, that was really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#15]

A person needs a special ammunition manufacturing license to sell it

Sounds like the man coming down on us. License for this permit for that. Arrgghhhhh! That is why I have arms, so that some day when the man goes just a lot too far.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]

That is why I have arms, so that some day when the man goes just a lot too far.

I hope your arms aren't chambered for 6.8mm SPC, otherwise they won't help you much on that day. :)

(Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting availability of ammo so I can do my own 6.8mm SPC build.  OTOH, it might serve as enough motivation to make me learn how to load my own ammo...)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
you anti walmart guys crack me up.  
My 2 cents.  J.J.

Where did this come from, I didn't see any Wally-World flames
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#18]
please refer to the post two above my rant.  Sorry if I was off topic a bit but I think it was still pertinant.  He's claiming walmart would drive remington out of the 6.8 business.   And I was merely disputing his allegation.   As Ed and James Bartels would say.  Thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#19]
If buying a shitload and getting a better price for it is "strongarming" then I guess I'm wrong for disputing.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top