Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:54:59 AM EDT
I am shooting IPSC three gun and I would like to upgrade the trigger on my AR. My first choice is the JARD trigger. Is it a good choice? What do you all think?

-Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with the JARD, but most of the top 3Gun guys seem to use the JP trigger.

-z
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had the best experience, with no doubling, from the jewell trigger.
comes with good instructions and is adjustable in 1/4 increments...a real plus in fine tuning.
It is a 2 stage and has seen reliable service in Afghanistan and Iraq !
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
"THE BEST 2-STAGE IS THE KNIGHT'S.

THE BEST SINGLE STAGE IS THE J-P."

How has this been determined?

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
THE BEST 2-STAGE IS THE KNIGHT'S.

THE BEST SINGLE STAGE IS THE J-P.

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

Agree on the KAC but differ on the single stage, the best single stage is the Accuracy speak.

Quoted:

How has this been determined?

View Quote

How are things like this determined??  it is determined by experience.  Wes has vast knowledge and experience in the art of shooting and he can pretty much tell anyone what is good or what is bad based on his experience.  as far as what will work for a certain individual that is up to that individual's preference.  and my preference on single stage trigger is the Accuracy speak trigger set.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If you need to get below 3lbs Jard is only way to get there.

For IPSC I would say accuracy speaks is very good trigger but without overtravel limit.

JP works good but has two screws. Not that they will move, but I've had a primer get under a screw and cause a failure to fire.

I have JP on all my ar 15's and ar 10's. I do not use the light hammer spring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my JP, cannot compare to others as I have not tried them.

JP is easy to install and the total distance of trigger travel is very small due to the adjustment features, very short reset translates directly to ability to shoot very quickly.

Like I said no knocks against the rest mentioned, i'm sure they all work well.

Travis F.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I dunno about that.  I like my KAC 2 stage better than the Sig 550 trigger.  I also like the Accuracy Speaks trigger better than a Sig 550 trigger.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Wes,

Thanks for the clarification! Very much appreciated......

Bugs
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top