Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:20:11 AM EDT
I use to see this stuff everywhere and shot quite a bit of it. Now it seems all of this has also disappeared. Finding grade A SS109 has become very difficult, now finding decent import seems to be getting tough. I can understand all of the US made and Israeli stuff being scarce right now, but why has the imports dried up?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Georgia Arms 62 grain SS109 tipped ammo.  It is around $200 per thousand, but Ive fired about 1500 rounds of it with no problems whatsoever.  Both my 20" 1/7 HBAR's love it over all the 55 grain stuff I have (XM193, Q3131A, etc) and groups much better at 100M+.  I see them at all the larger Florida shows, nice people employing 30 hardworking Americans.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the Canned Heat? I've heard good things about it but have never used it.  I still have some of the good stuff left (IMI) and would buy some Canned Heat if it's loaded fairly hot. Any idea what sort of velocities it generates from 20" barrels?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Here you go... Hot Shot SS109

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35344992

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the Canned Heat? I've heard good things about it but have never used it.  I still have some of the good stuff left (IMI) and would buy some Canned Heat if it's loaded fairly hot. Any idea what sort of velocities it generates from 20" barrels?

I also would like to know a little nore about canned heat.  I have seen it but never tried any.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#5]
The GA arms is good stuff but I dont think it is loaded as hot as SS109.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's fairly accurate, good enough quality I can trust it not to blow up in my face and is loaded hot enough that the POI will not be radically different than M855, that would be good enough to suit my needs. One could save the good stuff for serious use and the GA Arms stuff for training and general blasting.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top