Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 4:09:12 PM EDT
The majority of the railed float tubes I have seen on this site seem to be DD or KAC's. I dig the KAC's just as much as the next guy but they're definitely pricey. What's your take on the C-More Quad rail It'll FF your barrel, has rails in all the same places and is alot less coin than the KAC. I think it is even lighter than KAC's full length float tube that I've been lusting after.

So what do you people have to say about the C-More quadrail.

Thanx,

Gunz
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my carbine. Felt heavier than the KAC FF that's on it now. The rails were also out of spec. The radius of the tube was too big so the rails were essentially too short. I talked with C-More about this problem and they said they were aware of it on the first batch but had fixed it in the second batch. They said they tried a large variety of accessories on their RAS and only found a few that didn't fit. I was lucky enough to have 2 things that didn't fit. One was a KAC vertical grip that I had to file down and the other was a HK ULT light adaptor. I asked if they would replace my unit (I'd had it about a year) but they would not. Needless to say, I won't be buying any of their products ever again.

If you're just screwing around, any of the low end RAS will do the job. If you're serious about your gear (even if you're a chairborne commando like me), spend the extra $$$ can get the KAC, DD or ARMS SIR. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top