Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:18:16 AM EDT
I placed an order with Bushmaster back on Aug. 30th for a tele-stock and two M4 "preban" barrels.  I ordered this stuff with hopes the AWB would go away, and I could "upgrade" my rifle the day the AWB sunset.  Before I placed the order, I asked the guy if the stuff I was ordering was in stock and he said YES.  So I figured 2 weeks was plenty enough time for Bushmaster to get my order out.  I called the week after I placed the order to check on the status, and they said it would be about a week....I said ok, I can deal with that since I should still have it before the AWB sunsets.  Well the the day came when the AWB did sunset, and the only parts that I received was the tele-stock.  I wish they wouldn't had shipped the stock since I now have to pay for shipping on the stock and the shipping when they ship the barrels.  I called them today, and they said it will be 2-3 weeks before they receive the barrels, and if you tack another week on top of that for shipping to me.... I will be looking at another month before I receive the barrels that I ordered almost a month ago.  What is the deal BUSHMASTER?!?!?!  Any of you other guys had problems with them?  I'm thinking of just canceling my order with Bushmaster, and ordering my parts from somebody else from now on.  I've order parts from Model 1 Sales, and when they say somethings in stock, it IS, and I usually see it within a couple days.  IMO, the parts from Model 1 are just as good as Bushmasters stuff....except Model 1 doesn't have the high prices.  I just wanted my barrels from Bushmaster, since they are chrome lined.

Sorry to bitch, but I'm just mad that Bushmaster has dropped the ball on my order.

Justin
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a freak accident.   I ordered my stuff a week before the ban sunset and got everything in less than 7 days, this included a 6 pos telestock, 5 High cap magazines, and a slew of other accessories..... weird.   Call and bitch about it, if you scream loud enough, they should jump to whatever they need to do to make you happy.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IMO, the parts from Model 1 are just as good as Bushmasters stuff....except Model 1 doesn't have the high prices.  I just wanted my barrels from Bushmaster, since they are chrome lined.
Justin

Bushmaster has always in my experience been very reliable about shipping items and informing the customer of the availiability of an item.  I am soory that your experience with them has not been as good as mine.

IMOP model 1 sales barrels are not as good as Bushmaster.  The fact that Bushmaster chrome lines there barrels and model 1 does not being the key reason.  Bushmaster also uses the military spec steel which is 4150 compared to model 1's use of 4140 steel.  

If this one experience has turned you from Bushmaster try out Rock River's chrome lined barrels instead.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
last time I talked to eagle firearms (link) they had Bushmaster M4 profile "pre-ban" barrels in stock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Deja Vu.... I remember back in 1999 when the Y2K bullshit was going on and EVERYBODY on ARFCOM was convinced it was the end of the world (literally, it was hilarious) BM was immensly flooded with orders. I can only imagine a similar situation after or just before the end of the AWB. Everybody wants a pre-ban upper now. Especially an M4, because thats what everybodys got.

BM also has a nasty practice of not fulfilling orders on a first come first serve basis (this is my speculation based on conversations with BM dealers and myself, not fact). It seems who buys the most gets it the first. In other words, big order of M4 barrels comes after your little order of two measly barrels and they only have enough to fill the big order. You lose to the big guy order.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my 14.5" M4 barrel from Bushmaster today for my SBR.  I just ordered it Friday!  Super fast!  Hell.....I even just got done putting it all together.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a bunch of odd, small parts from them that aren't even listed on their website (A3 carry handle sight parts) on Monday.  i got delivery confirmation the next day.  Hopefully I get what I orderded, I really need these parts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Justin,

Sounds like it's time to start making your own.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered my M4 profile 16" barrel from Bushy well ahead of the ban... at least a month.  I had it pretty quick.  Then just a couple weeks ago I ordered another batch of parts (stocks, gas tube, tools, etc) and got that pretty quick.  Now recently I ordered a new higher front sight post to hopefully sight in better (and pay $6 shipping for a $1 part) and I'm still waiting... in fact I haven't got an email saying my order has shipped yet. Hmm..
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
That's kind of strange. I ordered a pre-ban Patrolman's Carbine on barrel 8/19/2004 and a pre-ban 14.5" 1:7 M4 barrel on 8/24/2004 from Bushmaster and both arrived well before the ban expired.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I think you are right about fillling the "big guys" orders first.  Because when I placed the order they said everything was in stock and it will ship out today or tomorrow.  But I guess a "big guy" came in and ordered more than I did, so I got bumped down the list.  This is the only logical reason I can come up with, since one day I placed the order (with parts in stock) and within the next few days the parts were out of stock and my order has been placed on back order.  IMO, this is bad business practice.  I know the big guys probably bring in more money for them, but it's us little guys who spread the word about companies, and build their reputation.  So as of right now, I have a REALLY bad taste in my mouth about Bushmaster.  It seems to me that they would have seen this rush coming after the AWB and boosted their production, instead of just telling people their product is on a 2-3 week back order, after it has already been a few weeks since the order was placed.  So my hopes of "upgrading" my rifle right after the AWB died to a NON BAN  rifle are dead, and I'll just have to wait until sometime in October to finally receive my parts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Had     Now, don't get me wrong, I understand about the backorder thing - I'm in no big hurry and I can wait so that's not what upsets me...  But all I wanted to do was verify/clarify where the mags are going so I would know what to expect.  Right off the bat, the customer service rep "Matt" starts getting attitude with me and saying how I "got over on them."   That I shouldn't have been allowed to purchase the lower on my credit card if it was being shipped to and recieved by another party (the FFL) - in other words, it should have been charged to the FFL's credit card or some other form of payment like COD should have been used, etc...  
    Hell what do I know about their company policies?  This was my first time ordering anything from them...  I wasn't trying to get over on them at all.  Sounds like the salespeople need to be made aware, but I don't need to hear about it -wasn't the purpose of my call...  Just tell me where my F*%^@#$ magazines are being shipped jagoff...  hat      
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I placed an order with Bushmaster back on Aug. 30th for a tele-stock and two M4 "preban" barrels.  I ordered this stuff with hopes the AWB would go away, and I could "upgrade" my rifle the day the AWB sunset.  Before I placed the order, I asked the guy if the stuff I was ordering was in stock and he said YES.  So I figured 2 weeks was plenty enough time for Bushmaster to get my order out.  I called the week after I placed the order to check on the status, and they said it would be about a week....I said ok, I can deal with that since I should still have it before the AWB sunsets.  Well the the day came when the AWB did sunset, and the only parts that I received was the tele-stock.  I wish they wouldn't had shipped the stock since I now have to pay for shipping on the stock and the shipping when they ship the barrels.  I called them today, and they said it will be 2-3 weeks before they receive the barrels, and if you tack another week on top of that for shipping to me.... I will be looking at another month before I receive the barrels that I ordered almost a month ago.  What is the deal BUSHMASTER?!?!?!  Any of you other guys had problems with them?  I'm thinking of just canceling my order with Bushmaster, and ordering my parts from somebody else from now on.  I've order parts from Model 1 Sales, and when they say somethings in stock, it IS, and I usually see it within a couple days.  IMO, the parts from Model 1 are just as good as Bushmasters stuff....except Model 1 doesn't have the high prices.  I just wanted my barrels from Bushmaster, since they are chrome lined.

Sorry to bitch, but I'm just mad that Bushmaster has dropped the ball on my order.

Justin

I've had the exact same experience.  It's been 1 month now and I've been told two weeks backorder each week I call.  I'm getting PO'd at this point.  I could have picked one up from elsewhere if I knew I'd be waiting this long for it.  I may start calling around next week and if I find one in stock I'm going to cancel my oreder with BM.  This was not a good experience.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 I've order parts from Model 1 Sales, and when they say somethings in stock, it IS, and I usually see it within a couple days.  IMO, the parts from Model 1 are just as good as Bushmasters stuff....except Model 1 doesn't have the high prices.  
Justin

This is not their norm. They are swamped right now.

Nothing against Model1sales, OK stuff for the money, but their barrel and bolts ARE NOT  as good as Bushmasters. 4140 steel with Model1sales vs 4150 steel with Bushmaster, plus chromed lined barrels as you stated. Worth the extra money if you have it. If someone doesn't have the money, then Model1 is OK, but I would never say "as good as Bushmaster". Or Colt. Or Armalite.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Justin

I've had the exact same experience.  It's been 1 month now and I've been told two weeks backorder each week I call.  I'm getting PO'd at this point.  I could have picked one up from elsewhere if I knew I'd be waiting this long for it.  I may start calling around next week and if I find one in stock I'm going to cancel my oreder with BM.  This was not a good experience.

You can always call and cancel your order if you don't want to wait.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Norm, or not norm.....don't tell me something's in stock and will ship right away, and then 3 1/2 weeks later tell me it's going to be on back order for a while.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I ordered a bunch of odd, small parts from them that aren't even listed on their website (A3 carry handle sight parts) on Monday. I got delivery confirmation the next day.  Hopefully I get what I orderded, I really need these parts.

Everything I ordered came in today.  Four day turnaround for a small parts order isn't bad.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Simple theory:

The misplaced your order and those bastards went like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I think every one of you is lying and unfairly trashing Bushmaster.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think you are a Colt troll.    I do agree that Colt is probably the best and all, but you really need to pull Colt's cock out of your mouth so you can speak more clearly.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I had an order for a barrel with Bushmaster for about 4 months and almost forgot about it.  Finally it showed up.  Now this was a while back, so maybe they have improved.  I think they may have parts on backorder so your particular stuff may not ship till they stock back up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You can always call and cancel your order if you don't want to wait.

Oh I will if I can find another barrel of equal specs.  Otherwise I just have to sit and twiddle my thumbs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I had three preban uppers and three post ban receivers two years ago, as soon as I heard about the Sunset.  (of course the uppers were stored at a friends house)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I had ordered twice before from Bushmaster for various tools, and usually they ship within a day or two, so the brown truck comes in about 4 or 5 days from the time you order.  This time, I ordered a Phantom FH and a collapsing stock to celebrate the end of the AWB, and it has been several weeks.  Finally I gave them a call, and the lady told me their machine shop was backed up with a ton of orders, and that they were waiting to make more FH's.  I didn't think Bushmaster actually made the Phantoms, aren't they from another manufacturer??  She said that hopefully a partial order would be fulfilled by the end of this week.  No doubt everyone who ever had to suffer the abuse of a mini-y comp flooded the place with orders for replacement.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are a Colt troll.    I do agree that Colt is probably the best and all, but you really need to pull Colt's cock out of your mouth so you can speak more clearly.  

LMAO

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Just a quick note. You can upgrade to chrome lined barrels at Model 1 Sales so that's not a big deal. Not saying Model 1 is as good as Bushmaster because I really don't know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Sounds like a freak accident. I ordered my stuff a week before the ban sunset and got everything in less than 7 days....

+1.  I ordered 2 ARs (with evil features) on Sept 14 and it arrived in 7 days.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys, like I've said before, I ordered a ton of stuff before the AWB expired.  I got it all really quick.  I think they are just swamped right now, and with any company it's possible to get a dumbass on the phone.  My latest order was ONLY a front sight post.  It took almost 5 days after my order for them to ship it, plus another week or so for that (along with $6.50 in shipping!!).  That kinda sucks but overall, they have been good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top