Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/5/2006 5:22:47 PM EST
I was thinking of selling my Bushmaster post ban upper. XM15-E2S 20" A2 Heavy Bar. 1/9 twist Chrome lined bought new in 1999 w/less than 300 rnds through it. I'm wanting to buy a Varmint Flat-top. What's the best way to go about selling this. I've never sold anything like this before.
Serious replies please - I won't give it away.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:53:59 PM EST
I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting to sell my post ban 16" upper w/SIR system that is pictured in a different post to get a Bushmaster 20" gov't profile upper. The feedback from other board members has been less than encouraging.

You have a few options...

1. Try trading/selling at a local gun show
2. Sell on an on-line auction site such as gunbroker.com
3. List it in the Equipment Exchange here and see if anyone will pay what you want.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 6:05:15 PM EST by Green0]
Put up a post on AR parts USED here and you should be able to sell it.

That's about the only good way to sell just an upper.

If it doesn't have a FH you should send it out to KKF, and have it cut and threaded at 18; or 16 and the gas port opened and sell it as a KKF kurts gewer or whatever he calls them. No one really wants the neutered crap anymore. No offense meant at all- just saying you should be able to get more with a flash hider.

Another idea is a cut to 13.5 with a midlength port and pin/weld a KFX or KFH with a la-rue or Troy rail system on the barrel. If you could find a bulgarian krink brake and send it to Adco (assuming they would do the work) it would be a lathe operation- chuck it in a lathe, turn to .75 for the gas block, turn to the ID of the bulgarian krink brake, cut and crown, drill the new port, install the block and slip fit and weld the Krink brake. Walla highly desireable item for hopefully not a lot of money.

I don't see why you would need threads cut when it was a pin and weld [or just weld] anyway.
Top Top