Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:27:26 AM EDT
I ordered a 20' gov't profile barrel from Bushmaster along with a flat top upper. I was looking over on Bushmaster's web site and the uppers listed there are called "V Match" upper receivers. Is there any difference between a regular upper and this "V Match" upper? I just want to make sure that the upper I'm getting is going to be a regular old upper and not something else....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:31:53 AM EDT
V-match has a free floating bbl and a knurled aluminum tube handguard.

I have a 20" V-Match and I love it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:46:57 AM EDT
When I ordered my barrel from Bushmaster I told them I wanted a flat top upper included with that. I never specified what kind of upper and they never asked me if I wanted a certain type of flat top upper. I guess I should try giving them a call to see exactly what kind of upper I'm getting from them. I'm building my first AR, and my intentions are to build one similiar to that of a miliatary style M16A4. Hence the reason I'm going with the 20'' gov't profile barrel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:01:09 AM EDT

'V-Match' is just a marketing term Bushmaster uses to describe their flat-top uppers, RRA calls their flat-top uppers A4. They're all the same thing...


Bushmaster V Match Upper Receiver

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:28:48 AM EDT
Darkstar is correct.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:25:28 AM EDT
Thanks for clearing that up. At least I know now I didn't order the wrong upper by mistake.

Top Top