Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:27:26 AM EDT
I ordered a 20' gov't profile barrel from Bushmaster along with a flat top upper. I was looking over on Bushmaster's web site and the uppers listed there are called "V Match" upper receivers. Is there any difference between a regular upper and this "V Match" upper? I just want to make sure that the upper I'm getting is going to be a regular old upper and not something else....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
V-match has a free floating bbl and a knurled aluminum tube handguard.

I have a 20" V-Match and I love it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
When I ordered my barrel from Bushmaster I told them I wanted a flat top upper included with that. I never specified what kind of upper and they never asked me if I wanted a certain type of flat top upper. I guess I should try giving them a call to see exactly what kind of upper I'm getting from them. I'm building my first AR, and my intentions are to build one similiar to that of a miliatary style M16A4. Hence the reason I'm going with the 20'' gov't profile barrel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]

'V-Match' is just a marketing term Bushmaster uses to describe their flat-top uppers, RRA calls their flat-top uppers A4.  They're all the same thing...

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/vur.asp

Bushmaster V Match Upper Receiver

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Darkstar is correct.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for clearing that up. At least I know now I didn't order the wrong upper by mistake.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top