Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 9:03:51 AM EDT
I ordered some cheap range mags from Sportsman's Guide.  They are steel mags with "AR-15" and "Made in USA" stamped on the bottom.  The followers look like the old black ones, but the spring doesn't fit thru a hole in them.  The follower rests on top of the spring, which has a strange bent top.  The mags seem to be fairly well made, otherwise.  They appear externally identical to the black/blue british steel mags.  What do I have?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The real question is how well do they work? If they work fine, whats the difference?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one of these and i have had problems getting it out of my rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
SEND THEM TO THE IRAQI'S IMMEDIATELY AS A GIFT.  THEY ARE WORSE THAN NOTHING.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I got them cheap, so I'm using them as the mags to be smashed so I can get CMMG's new bodies and rehab kit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The mag where bought from Forest Co.  They are lousy.  I made the mistake of buying 12 they are unsafe.  The only thing they are good for is to shoot at.
Ric
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top