Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:46:38 AM EDT
Hello all,
          I have just returned from my local Wal Mart, and I am not a very happy camper right now.
While I was picking up some things that I needed, I decided to pickup some extra boxes of .223 55Gr.
FMJ ammo in Sporting goods, only to find that Wal Mart has also decided to raise it's prices on Remington ammo as well. They are now asking $4.78 for there 20rd boxes of .223 55gr FMJ ammo.
Looks like my days of buying ammo at Wal Mart are just about over. Also, for what it's worth, there ammo bin was stocked sky high, and it looks as if they haven't been selling allot of ammo. LOL LOL, I wonder why?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quit supporting that shit hole company.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry Markm, but when it comes to groceries, they seem to have the best prices in town.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I support whatever company that can give me the 'more for less'....

While Wally's rfiel ammo has been going up, so has their pistol.  But the good thing is that it's still alittle cheaper than online for me... especially when getting the UMC 250rds bulk package.  Their Remington JHP is also a good deal for the cost.

~nb
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quit supporting that shit hole company.

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I was pissed off at the increase in prices on .223 too, but when I computed the per bullet price & shipping, it came out pretty close to mail order.

I think that Wal-Mart selling ammunition and guns is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Kind of off topic, but I heard on the radio yesterday that Wal-Mart is going to stop selling firearms in about 1000 stores.  They are trying to target more upscale customers, and they believe that to do so they can't sell guns because it deturs the upscale customers from shopping there!  I'm not sure how true this is, but its upsetting to hear non the less.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard the same from the guy behind the gun counter at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kind of off topic, but I heard on the radio yesterday that Wal-Mart is going to stop selling firearms in about 1000 stores.  They are trying to target more upscale customers, and they believe that to do so they can't sell guns because it deturs the upscale customers from shopping there!  I'm not sure how true this is, but its upsetting to hear non the less.

Like upscale customers shop at walmart, riiiiiight. When I make my second million I'll make sure to hit the piddly arse sporting goods section and buy some fine chinese stuff.

Wonder what moron thought that up?

Will say tho, the .45acp WWB is still cheaper there then anyplace else. And that stuff is expensive to ship because of the weight so mail order is out of the question. I need to hit Cabalas and see if they will have another sale on it like last year. I made a killing there last year and walked out with 100 boxes of 9mm and .45acp. [wife never batted an eye]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Wal Mart didn't raise the price, Remington did.

Don't stop buying the 55 gr. UMC because the price went up, stop buying it because it's crap.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Not just WallyWorld on the price hikes!!

It is an industry standard at the moment..

Besides the net-Walmart has as cheap, or cheaper ammo prices than ANYONE in my locality at least!!

Buy what you can now I would think..
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quit supporting that shit hole company. hr
+1

+1 million
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

..............Also, for what it's worth, there ammo bin was stocked sky high, and it looks as if they haven't been selling allot of ammo. LOL LOL, I wonder why?

I'll tell you why. They still had the lower price on the shelf last Saturday but when the guy rang it up it was around 11.00 total. Feigning shock I asked him to re-check. "Yep, they raised the price."

"Too rich for me. Take it off, please. Byeyeeeeeeee."

They were out of Alan Jackson's "Precious Memories" CDs too. Wanted to get geared up for Easter.

How about a WalMart group UNbuy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

..............Also, for what it's worth, there ammo bin was stocked sky high, and it looks as if they haven't been selling allot of ammo. LOL LOL, I wonder why?

I'll tell you why. They still had the lower price on the shelf last Saturday but when the guy rang it up it was around 11.00 total. Feigning shock I asked him to re-check. "Yep, they raised the price."

"Too rich for me. Take it off, please. Byeyeeeeeeee."

They were out of Alan Jackson's "Precious Memories" CDs too. Wanted to get geared up for Easter.

How about a WalMart group UNbuy?

UNBUY!

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Since Hurricane Katrina and Rita, Wal-Mart is no longer selling guns in our area of Louisiana.  Thae are selling out their stock of rifle ammo, then no more.

All I can say is that I HATE wal-Mart.  I no longer shop there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

DO WHAT? Now thats where they cross the line! WallyWorld Sux.
Bet they had plenty of that .50 cent "Get Rich or Die Trying" crap though huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Don't stop buying the 55 gr. UMC because the price went up, stop buying it because it's crap.

I've never had single problem with UMC 55gr FMJ. The same can't be said for Q3131A.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard on the radio WTOP in MD, that they were going to stop selling guns in so many stores also.

But the reason was different. They said it was because guns were getting stolen in the
parking lot and it would prevent crime in there parking lots............what a bunch of crap!!

Frank
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#18]
<<<Don't stop buying the 55 gr. UMC because the price went up, stop buying it because it's crap.>>>>

I read about zero problems with UMC and at the same time I read about mucho problems with all the fabulous mail order Russian "crap"
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I just came back from WalMart.  The guy behind the counter said the real reason they are no longer selling guns in certain stores is because they just don't sell.  All the stores here in town that are in the nice yuppy areas are stopping, yet all the stores in the low rent areas will continue selling guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just came back from WalMart.  The guy behind the counter said the real reason they are no longer selling guns in certain stores is because they just don't sell.  All the stores here in town that are in the nice yuppy areas are stopping, yet all the stores in the low rent areas will continue selling guns.

Yup, firearms have a thin profit margin.  Walmart survives on thin margins and high volume, and for most stores firearms are NOT high volume.  Convert the space the firearms take up to ammunition and the store makes more money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:06:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Now that walmart had their price increase they aren't any cheaper than the few gunshops left in town.
There is nothing wrong with UMC but the price now. It was one of the few ammos that shot extremely well in my 1/7 twist HBAR in the late 80's. I know things change but I still have probably 750 rounds from 15 years ago and it still goes KABOOM everytime and is still accurate.
JR
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Actually I see a lot of Land Rovers & Mercedes in our Wal-Mart parking lots. Even John Kerry stickered Saabs & Volvos.
Funny to see all those liberals who want Wal-Mart to die, but they will shop there until they are closed down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sorry Markm, but when it comes to groceries, they seem to have the best prices in town.

Maybe.  But I support my local grocery store.  The people there actually smile at you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Care to expound, Poop Mound?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I've never been in a walmart and hope i never am.  Did they ever sell quality guns (ie mossbergs, remingtons, winchesters ect) or do they sell crap guns that you buy for your 12 year old son?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#26]
3.29 a box for UMC this morning???? is that good?? 20rnds
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
3.29 a box for UMC this morning???? is that good?? 20rnds

That would be a good price two weeks ago, and an even better price now.

20rds of UMC at our Wal*Marts is up to $4.78 per 20rds.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#28]
My main gripe with UMC is the quality control. Some of the bullets have such a wide meplat that they can ram right into the barrel extension.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top