Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:57:02 PM EST
Maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I don’t see this on the their website.

Can someone (please) tell me what the total height of the ARMS throw lever mount + rings would be?

I’m thinking about using this type of setup on a flattop w/ a riser (still undecided here too... GG&G or ARMS...).

Looking at the A.R.M.S. #35QD Throw Lever Mount and the A.R.M.S. #35 Ultra Low Rings

Other websites list the Ultra Low rings at 0.80” from base of ring to center line, but I’m wondering how much more height the throw lever base adds…

Maybe a A.R.M.S. #19 Throw Lever Mt + some “standard low scope rings” would be a better option?

Any input appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:49:14 AM EST
Mike,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the same setup. What height would the #35QD base + Med ARMS rings = ? It's for a 1" scope.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:42:18 AM EST
Mike, thanks for the info.

Anyone think that I could come up with a lower combo (less than 1.125), using the #19 & "weaver" rings?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:08:14 AM EST
BWhalen,

According to Wes, MOUNTING A SCOPE ON AN AR'.
The #35QD Base with #35M rings = 1.6"

#35M rings are ~1.145" (depending on which webiste you look at) so the #35QD Base is actually ~0.455"?
Mike (above) indicated that the base only adds 0.25"...
I'm confused...

(and it doesn't help that different websites list different heights, for the same ARMS product...)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:31:42 AM EST
ARMS tech support (on the phone) says:

Rings heights are as follows…
#35L = 0.925”
#35M = 1.150”
#35H = 1.450” … and ALL OF THESE DIMENSIONS INCLUDE THE #35 QD BASE!

Anyone else care to post with yet another (different) height for the #35 mount system?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:41:53 PM EST
I don't have any firm numbers, lost them some time back and haven't got around to measureing things again. That said, the #35 with medium height rings will put the center of a scope above the flattop roughly the same height (within 1mm) as a aimpoint in their standard QD mount with spacer. This will be about 3 to 4mm higher than the center of the rear peep sight on a Colt removable carry handle. The medium ht. rings consist of the low rings with a spacer and longer screws. The spacer is roughly the same thickness as the spacer for my aimpoint mount. So I would guess that the low ht. rings would put the scope at about the same height as a aimpoint with out its spacer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:50:32 AM EST
jason_h

Just to clarify what you posted…

…3-4mm higher…than rear peep… = .12" to .16"
Assumed sight plane using carry handle = ~1.4"

Your numbers indicate that the #35m rings = ~1.52" to ~1.56" (I'd call that 1.6")
That jives with the Wes's MOUNTING A SCOPE ON AN AR' (linked above).
But not what ARMS said...
ARMS must have been mistaken by saying the ring height they gave me included the base???

Any one have a #35 QD base laying around that they can throw a caliper on, & give me a "verified" height?

(I really want to get these parts on order, and don't want to end up with the wrong ones!)
Top Top