Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
I just came across an older stripped upper receiver, it is a Colt with a C M marking, large hole, no forward assist, no brass deflector and I think it would use the A1 sight. It is in excellent condition, is this just another receiver or is it desireable?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a Colt SP1 receiver. They were made from the 60's to the early 80's. They're a really nice rifle to have around.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I used one for my sons rifle. Not really that uncommon that it’s valuable, but can be desirable with the increased interest in retro builds. I paid $45 for mine.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I used one for my sons rifle. Not really that uncommon that it’s valuable, but can be desirable with the increased interest in retro builds. I paid $45 for mine.  

www.hunt101.com/img/391536-big.jpg

When??

Bah, I paid $160 for my upper w/ barrel, CH, pistol grip, and stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
$45 off another member in the E n’ E, for the upper receiver only. Not a complete upper with barrel. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Just thinking out loud here, but I'd imagin a correct lower would be expensive and hard to find?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just thinking out loud here, but I'd imagin a correct lower would be expensive and hard to find?

Expensive? Yes because they quit making them 20 years ago and everybody in NY wants them because of their preban laws.

Rare? No, 2-3 for sale here all the time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
$45 off another member in the E n’ E, for the upper receiver only. Not a complete upper with barrel. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I know, I'm just saying...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top