Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/23/2003 4:03:40 PM EST
Thanks for looking as always

The upper receiver rail on my M4 carbine is labelled T2, T4, T6 etc. I realize that these reference numbers correspond to the slots on the rail, but what is their function and who uses them?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:06:20 PM EST
Gives you something to read in the bathroom. Just a way of "indexing" or referencing where an item was mounted or should be mounted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:49:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:52:45 AM EST
I think basically it is a way to reference the position of optics and or lights/lasers when mounting and remounting an accessory. That you know it is going onto the rail at the same position each time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:56:30 AM EST
Thanks for the help guys.
Top Top