Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:18:46 PM EDT
What the best adjustable scope for an Ar 15 using a $200 budget? Holographic work great but no magnification.
Thank for any advice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
scopes are one of the items in this world where you truely get what you pay for.

Good scopes are not cheap, and cheap scopes are not any good.

A good scope will hold a zero, return to zero, adjust consitantly, won't lose zero, rugged, have a warranty, etc...

A cheap scope will end up in the junk bin, when a person will buy a moderate scope, and then "graduate" to a good scope.  So in effect, paying more in the long run, when the person should have just bought quality from the get go.  Buy quality, buy once.

With that said, Trijicon ACOG in 3 power.  just enough magnification to clearly see what you are hitting at 100, BDC out to wishful thinking range, and yet not so magnified that you can't see shit at 50 feet.  $700-$1000 and never buy another one again.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks and very good point. I am selling my Eotec 512, great site but my eyes shot and I can't see wher I shot. Always have to pull target back to see it. I was going to get an inexpensive one  until I  know what I want. Used a friends 4-9x40'and I was able to see where the round hit. Do not think adding a 3x Eotec Mag for another $600 will do it for me.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Your best options IMO

Primary arms 1-4x
Optsan 1-4x from swfa
Bushnell is coming out with a 1-4x that looks good maybe 250 or so I'm not sure
Nikon p223
Millet dms
Muller speedshot 1-4x  " at 225 and its illuminated "  one to look at IMO

I just sold two used Nikon m223 2-8x for $250 and a 1-4x for $225 great scope for the cash new they are a tick over $300

Non ar specific scopes will work just as well they might not all "tacticool"
Burris fullfield scopes are really great for the money
Redfield revolution etc

You have a ton of choices most are decent servisble optics
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are shooting fine and just need to check your target why not buy a nice set of Nikon 10x binoculars?  As far as scopes go, a good compact Leopold would be less expensive than a Trijicon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
In the price range your looking for I'd say a vortex strike fire and then you can add a magnification to it if you'd like
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I put a Leupold VXII 1-4x by 20mm on my Colt and I could not be happier.  Cost used was $120.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Your best options IMO

Primary arms 1-4x
Optsan 1-4x from swfa
Bushnell is coming out with a 1-4x that looks good maybe 250 or so I'm not sure
Nikon p223
Millet dms
Muller speedshot 1-4x  " at 225 and its illuminated "  one to look at IMO

I just sold two used Nikon m223 2-8x for $250 and a 1-4x for $225 great scope for the cash new they are a tick over $300

Non ar specific scopes will work just as well they might not all "tacticool"
Burris fullfield scopes are really great for the money
Redfield revolution etc

You have a ton of choices most are decent servisble optics

I'll second that the Burris Fullfield and Redfield Revolution are good scopes in this price range. I have both.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top