Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:23:38 PM EDT
What exactly counts as a forward pistol grip?  Anyone?

Would this?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
there are threads stating that the court did not rule a vfg on a pistol "illegal", what you take from is your choice

its somewhere in the legal section.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering about this subject just the other day. You can't have a forward grip on a AR pistol right? But if this is going to be a home defense weapon, couldn't you put one of those nifty SUREFIRE LIGHTS with a throw lever mount on your pistol. In the event that SHTF and you have to use it to fend off an attacking horde of killer zombies, you could then remove the light/grip and stick it in a drawer before the popo shows up and no one would be the wiser, right?

Just wondering..

Gene
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think if you do that and they find it it will be considered as being able to put on the pistol.  Same thing if you have a spare stock laying around and you have a pistol, thats a no no as well from what I can figure out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thread started not too long ago that turned into a legal discussion over the vfg

Ya I remember that thread.

I really dont care what anyone says, I do not want to be the test case and it really is "you may beat the rap but will go for the ride."

I would just be safe and not put a vertical grip on my pistol unless I had a letter written from the BATF directly to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have AR pistol, but if / when I do........  I would never have a vfg on it, especially a quick disconnect super bright flashlight that could easily be attached to my AR rifle.  I'd just leave it on the rifle......

Gene
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thread started not too long ago that turned into a legal discussion over the vfg

Ya I remember that thread.

I reall dont care what anyone says, I do not want to be the test case and it really is "you may bear the rap but will go for the ride."

I would just be safe and not put a vertical grip on my pistol unless I had a letter written from the BATF directly to me.

yeah i could careless for the vfg as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top