Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:07:40 AM EST
So that I can put an upper together. I'm talking as far as tools. I want to put together my next upper.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:52:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 7:52:35 AM EST by IDHunt]
The minimum you will need is a good vice, either a receiver or barrel blocks, a barrel nut wrench, a torque wrench, an assortment of pin punches, and head space gauges. I prefer the receiver blocks to the barrel blocks, but I have both. The barrel blocks are nice for installing gas tube pins, flash suppressers, and removing the front sight base. Bushmaster and Brownells both sell good quality receiver blocks. Get yourself a copy of the Marine Corps Technical manual for the m16a2 or download [url=http://www.ar15.com/content/books/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf]TM9-1005-319-23[/url]. They both have the torque specs and will give you the instructions on how to barrel up an AR upper. I learned how to do it when I was 16 years old while working at a gunshop. It isn't that hard. That was 17 years ago and it has been a very valuable skill to have learned. I hope this helps. IDHunt
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:57:55 AM EST
It helps a great deal thank you.
Top Top