Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:12:07 PM EDT
First off, let apologize for not having pics. I’m currently working night shift and between going to the show after work and getting some beauty sleep I’ve not had the chance to take any, but I will and post later.

Anywho, while walking around I came across the table of a local “tactical” shop with a small hand written sign; “RRA/AA Combo Receiver”. Needless to say, that caught my attention. So I start looking and talking with the guys. The story is that RRA use to supply lowers to Alexander Arms (IIRC, I read this on another post, possibly in the Variants section). Basically these receivers are double marked; RRA (old logo) Cal. 5.56mm LAR-15 on the normal side and Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf on the opposite side. HOW COOL!

These boys told me that "they" (not sure if it was RRA or AA who had'em) kept these for a long time and then starting releasing them. They bought approximately 25 first go round. When they sold out of those, they called back and there was only 13 left, so they bought’em all. They had 9 stripped lowers at the show, and two rifles made with the lowers. Of course I bought one, had I saw them before I bought 1000 rounds of .223, I would have had 2.

I’ll defiantly be getting one more. I know Bill Alexander lurks around on these boards maybe he or one of you guys who got an early Beowulf can shed some light on just how rare or common these are.

I figure at the best, I have a cool rare lower. At worst I have a odd variant of the “old logo” RRA lower.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the same type, only on one side, it's RRA LAR15 and the other, it's AA Cal. .21 Genghis 5.45x39.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The guys I got mine from are out of Shelby, NC. Real nice guys, by the way. The had some for sale on the EE a while back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
think someone had some for sale in the ee.

i have an AA marked lower and alexander told me they use to get their lowers from rra but since they found someone to supply lowers with their rollmarks and to their specifications they stopped using rra.

have the email somewhere here.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That's very nice, they unfortunately canceled the November Gun Show here in Jefferson Parish Louisiana. Great Southern Gun and Knife Show..

I am really bummed, they seriously jumped the gun by canceling the show, there is normality here again and all the gun stores are selling stuff off the shelves! Its madness in the stores here, the gun show would be PACKED! There are so many people that I know personally that have told me "NOBODY NEEDS A GUN" and now they are gun ownershave

They have no magazine area milled out, single shot and they are actually good for building a .50 lower.

The Kevin
-----------
Shoot then ask..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top