Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:42:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 1:38:34 PM EST by DaNerd2]
I will try to describe this weird AR-15 magazine as best I can.
It is a normal size, except it has a filler, kinda like a feed ramp in front and the follower is flat and has a ridge on one side.
It holds 22 9mm shells, but i don't have a AR-15 9mm to try it in.
If anyone thinks they know what this is, email me bigbob4u@acsol.net and i can send a picture.
Also if someone could post a picture, that might help ID this thingie.
Oh BTW this is my first post.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:47:42 PM EST
WOW, I thought some one might have an idea what it is ,or be able to post a picture on the board that I have of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:49:16 PM EST
email me and I can host it for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:17:25 PM EST
You might want to give it more than 20 hours for someone to respond.

While there are a lot of knowledgable people here, not all of them visit the board everyday. Questions/inqueries about unusual items might take longer to get an answer than common ones.

You can go to photobucket.com and upload the pic there and link it here so we can view it. hat
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:41:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:54:58 PM EST
Yes that is it.. Many THANKS
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:56:20 PM EST
I'm no expert, but it looks like it could be used to fire blanks?? Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:22:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By hk45shooter:
I'm no expert, but it looks like it could be used to fire blanks?? Could be wrong.

Yeah I saw a red 20rd mag like that on ebay a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:29:50 PM EST
Well, I'm No Expert, and I think it's someone's bastardized attempt to make a "standard looking" magazine for a colt-style 9mm AR,

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:32:41 AM EST
aren't these what the isralies use for their rubber-bullet adaptors for their M16s?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:52:07 PM EST
Here's a pic of their rubber projectile set up.The black cylinder (center of the close-up) is the rubber bullet. It breaks into three components after shooting. The cartridge appears to be the blank used to propel the projectile.


Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:18:54 PM EST
is the whole component about the length of a 9mm.?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:31:05 PM EST
They modified a ton and a half of M16 mags at the Air Force Security Forces school so they would ONLY accept blanks (and painted them blue, besides). The block in those mags is a lot shorter front to back than in the picture-it is NOT a magazine for standard military blanks.
Top Top