Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
Anyone here used them or have an opinion on them...Compared to butler creek lense covers??

Thanx,

DD
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Blizzard Caps (Butler Creek?) and I like them well enough.  I like that they're see-through (mine are clear) but I do sometimes have trouble with the tabs getting bumped and flipping them open when I don't want them to.  Seems to depend on the exact fit of the cap though as some latch tighter than others.  The button-type latch on the Polar caps should be more secure.

The polarizing effect could be nice in some lighting conditions, but on the other hand could make it so you can't take a shot w/o flipping up the caps or adjusting the lenses.  Could be an issue if you need to take a quick shot with the caps closed.  As I recall they twist pretty easily so they could change settings when you didn't want them to.

I believe the "yellow-to-gray" intensity adjustment requires having Polar Caps on both ends of the scope.  I suppose you could put a Polar Cap on the front to cut down glare like polarized sunglasses and use a Blizzard Cap on the back so you'd never have a too-dark-to-see-through situation.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top