Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 12:30:00 PM EDT by flesheatingvirus]
I have a Bushmaster V-match carbine upper. The new Vortex I just got will not thread on. When I compare the threading of the birdcage I used and the Vortex, it appears that the Vortex has finer threading. The hole is slightly larger than the birdcage hole. A .357sig slug will fit perfectly in between the ENDS of the prongs. A spent .223 casing will fit all the way through the Vortex and almost hang by the brass rim, in the birdcage, a spent brass will only fit up to the cartridge throating. Was a different size vortex put into the wrong package? or is my Bushy not 1/2 x 28? I'm currently awaiting a reply from Bushmaster as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:34:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By flesheatingvirus:
I have a Bushmaster V-match carbine upper. The new Vortex I just got will not thread on. When I compare the threading of the birdcage I used and the Vortex, it appears that the Vortex has finer threading. The hole is slightly larger than the birdcage hole. A .357sig slug will fit perfectly in between the ENDS of the prongs. A spent .223 casing will fit all the way through the Vortex and almost hang by the brass rim, in the birdcage, a spent brass will only fit up to the cartridge throating. Was a different size vortex put into the wrong package? or is my Bushy not 1/2 x 28? I'm currently awaiting a reply from Bushmaster as well.

I would think so.

AFAIK all Bushmaster's .223 rifles are threated with 1/2x28. Maybe you got a Vortex for .308 rifles. Send it back and have it replaced with a .223 Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:23:03 PM EDT
I recently had this happen, i figured it was for a 9mm due to its size and hole diameter.

Just send it back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:38:07 PM EDT
Alright, it's going back for another. I really think it's a 9mm. Bushmaster told me there was "no way" my barrel was anything other than 1/2 x 28, but the 9mm is 1/2 x 36. Plus the hole is bigger than I thought at first. Thanks for the comfirmations guys!
Top Top