Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 12:52:15 PM EDT
Does the red dot on the Vortex 1-6 Razor behave like an etched red dot or more like an aimpoint rds?  I have an astigmatism and etched looks great, whereas rds dots are / instead of .
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have astigmatism and I had this scope for a while. My experience is that I still get the negative astigmatism effects with any scope that utilizes a dot. With an illuminated etched reticle I'm fine. Plain dots not so much. Anyway, having said that, I have less trouble with dots in scopes because the rest of the reticle helps draw my eye to the center.

ETA: This is not why I got rid of the scope. I wanted something with FFP.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I also have astigmatism and I had this scope for a while. My experience is that I still get the negative astigmatism effects with any scope that utilizes a dot. With an illuminated etched reticle I'm fine. Plain dots not so much. Anyway, having said that, I have less trouble with dots in scopes because the rest of the reticle helps draw my eye to the center.

ETA: This is not why I got rid of the scope. I wanted something with FFP.
View Quote
I have astigmatism as well, and while everyone's individual experience may be different, for ME personally the red dot on the Razor behaves more like an "etched" one compared to traditional red dots. Even without my RX, it is a slightly not crisp but no where near how badly regular red dots/holo sights are for me, so I'm in the same camp that an illuminated etched reticle works better for me. Without my RX glasses, Aimpoints for me are comet looking things, Eotechs are like giant blooming red stars with no definition whatsoever, etc. It is for this reason I have gone almost totally LPVO with illumination vs red dot. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
^ what he said.  Practically, not an issue.  Noticeable if you look for it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top